Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do people buy expired redemptions?

I must be missing something, but I've seen a few guys buying expired redemptions. Anybody know why?
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

Always buying large, high-end lots. If you're looking for fast payment shoot me a PM!

It is either people getting tricked into buying a card they think isn't expired or for player and set collectors who are extreme completionists. I could kinda see it on redemptions 10 years ago because they were unique to sets but now they seem to be a generic standard print that Topps and other companies use.

If they are buying them super cheap they may also try and redeem them with the company to get something out of it. I thought Press Pass would send you the card if you had an expired redemption and they still had it in stock but they may have changed that policy.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

While I don't know about the bigger companies like Topps and Upper Deck, I think upper deck does the random drawing, I saw someone buy a Tony Stewart (Nascar) redemption that was expired for like $5-$7 and they fulfilled it. That ended up being a great steal in my opinion! When it comes to Press Pass, if they have it, they will ship it!
    ~Matt

One of the big things now at trade shows such as the various Expos, Nationals, etc., that companies like Panini and Upper Deck set up shop is they have a program where you can turn in a certain amount of expired redemptions and redeem them for a card there on the spot. The card you get in return has nothing to do with the expired redemptions, so you could essentially buy up expired redemptions for a few dollars apiece and in turn be able to turn them all in for a card worth more than what you paid.
    Hidden Content - Receive your choice of 2,000 card cash or a random free card from the SCF CC Store (your team/sport of choice) when you buy a box (prize boxes not included).
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 103/271 (38.0%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    One of the big things now at trade shows such as the various Expos, Nationals, etc., that companies like Panini and Upper Deck set up shop is they have a program where you can turn in a certain amount of expired redemptions and redeem them for a card there on the spot. The card you get in return has nothing to do with the expired redemptions, so you could essentially buy up expired redemptions for a few dollars apiece and in turn be able to turn them all in for a card worth more than what you paid.
    Has anybody gotten anything good by doing this? The only people I've heard did this got a hockey autograph and some golf game used card. Not that I'd expect them to be handing out Jordan autographs but anybody have any stories of something good being received?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Last week I online redeemed an expired Panini/Donruss 2010 auto and they sent a 2011 Contenders auto to replace it ;)
    Eagles, Phillies, Flyers, QB & RB Autos !

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Has anybody gotten anything good by doing this? The only people I've heard did this got a hockey autograph and some golf game used card. Not that I'd expect them to be handing out Jordan autographs but anybody have any stories of something good being received?
    Don't know. Haven't really seen the process in action, but I know that is what a lot of people are trying to do as I get numerous e-mails almost daily from people looking for them for this reason.
    Hidden Content - Receive your choice of 2,000 card cash or a random free card from the SCF CC Store (your team/sport of choice) when you buy a box (prize boxes not included).
    Hidden Content , Working on Hidden Content For Charity

Hidden Content - 120/140 (85.7%), Hidden Content - 103/271 (38.0%)

***LOOKING TO PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS? PM ME FOR ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES. WE HAVE RATES AS LITTLE AS LESS THAN $1 A DAY!***

Press Pass redemptions NEVER expire. They may not have that card anymore but they will send you something. And because Press Pass doesn't have a lot of redemptions anyway they have been generous to me in the past. I bought a box of PP legends circa 2007 last year and got a redemption for a Doug Flutie. I called them and they said send it in and we will send you something. 10 days - yes 10 days after I sent it I get a press pass envelope. It has a letter apologizing. They said that they did not have the card but will always send another card no matter if the redemption is expired or not. For my trouble they gave me 2 packs of unopened cards AND the replacement was a red ink Cam Newton!!!

I wish Press Pass had a license. Maybe things would then change but their customer service is the best in the business in my opinion.
    Hidden Content

Find these Bill Dudley inserts and make big $$$
    Dudley Autos: 230 and counting!
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by chajones View Post
    Press Pass redemptions NEVER expire. They may not have that card anymore but they will send you something. And because Press Pass doesn't have a lot of redemptions anyway they have been generous to me in the past. I bought a box of PP legends circa 2007 last year and got a redemption for a Doug Flutie. I called them and they said send it in and we will send you something. 10 days - yes 10 days after I sent it I get a press pass envelope. It has a letter apologizing. They said that they did not have the card but will always send another card no matter if the redemption is expired or not. For my trouble they gave me 2 packs of unopened cards AND the replacement was a red ink Cam Newton!!!

I wish Press Pass had a license. Maybe things would then change but their customer service is the best in the business in my opinion.
    Awesome. Press Pass really had an excellent product for a while. I really hope they get a license again too.
    Hidden Content

Rohan Davey PC 217/264 (non 1/1)
    Amir Sadollah 62/69 (4/24 1/1's)

All pretty dang interesting. Thanks fellas. I had no idea. lol, I actually picked up an unused, expired redemption today from 2004-05 Topps Finest Basketball Pick #4. I couldn't for the life of me remember who pick 4 was in that draft, but for 10 cents I took a flyer for some fun. lol, Chris freakin Paul. I pity the man that pulled that card a year too late!
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

Always buying large, high-end lots. If you're looking for fast payment shoot me a PM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast