Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bryce Harper or Mike Trout

I've recently pick up 1 Auto RC of both players. Now im thinking about investing in one of these 2 players. If any of you were to pick one who would you put your money in and why?
    Hidden Content LAKERS / ANGELS
    Collects: KOBE BRYANT, MIKE TROUT & MANNY
    MACHADO.
    KOBE - 236 Different Cards

TROUT - 95 Different Cards
    MACHADO - 16 Different Cards
    My Bucket:
    Hidden Content

While investing is a bad idea in itself, I would probably go with Trout out of the 2. Also both of their prices are already pretty steep so I can't see much of an investment, but rather a loss on either of them. My opinion of course.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Baseball cards as investments probably isn't the best idea. Then again, I'm about to drop $300 on a Harper, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask about this.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

I'd wait another season or 2 and see what they both do.
    Changing paths, no more set collecting. Just PC'ing Orioles Auto's and Patches.

Don't invest in baseball cards. If you want to collect, that's great have fun but don't expect to make money. With that said I would go with Harper.

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench(79)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Not a good idea to invest especially in these 2 players that are already pretty steep. Just my opinion. Not much to gain but alot to loose if they have a bad injury or a few bad seasons. But with that said I would go with Trout. I see him more likely to sustain his success than Bryce Harper.
    I am an avid Atlanta Braves Auto collector. I am in the process of updating all my autos to a spreadsheet and organizing them. I am always looking for Atlanta Braves RCs Autos and also nice veteran autos.
    Havelist: Hidden Content

You can get away with investing in cards if you play your cards correctly but both players are too high for any money to be made that would be worth the risk in my opinion. I think Harper would be the better investment of the two but he has so many different choices that it dampens the market. You really need a go to rookie autograph that is the clear #1 of the player but I doubt there is a consensus on what that is for Bryce.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I would invest in neither. Even if Trout or Harper hit 600 HR and drive in 1800 RBI, their cards will never, ever, ever be worth more then they are now.(reference: Ken Griffey Jr) And all it takes is one injury for them to go into the common pile(reference Kerry Wood)

Quote Originally Posted by gps29070 View Post
    I would invest in neither. Even if Trout or Harper hit 600 HR and drive in 1800 RBI, their cards will never, ever, ever be worth more then they are now.(reference: Ken Griffey Jr) And all it takes is one injury for them to go into the common pile(reference Kerry Wood)
    I disagree with the idea that their cards will never ever be higher than they are now.. There are exceptions to the rule (Jeter and a few others). If they have another stellar year their cards and value will continue to increase, its just the way the market works. But I do agree with 1 slip or injury and they will certainly be in decline and everyone will be on to the next prospect or hot star...

And Griffey's cards took a massive hit b/c it was published that 4+ million of them were in circulation, and unfortunately he was in that time period when the card market crashed and too many cards were out there..

I would probably not invest in either.....

Already crazy priced.

Haper would be my pick though.
    Collecting ALL Allen Iverson Items
    PM Me If You Have ANYTHING!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast