Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Team Mexico and Sergio Romo feel the hostility while playing in Arizona.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/team-me...024742833.html

Quote Originally Posted by article
    "I've been pulled over numerous times, driving a nice car," said Sergio Romo, the closer for the San Francisco Giants as well as the Mexican WBC outfit. "The first question is: What's your citizenship? The second question: Is this your car? And then: What do you do for a living? And it's like, 'Bro, you're Mexican just like me.' 'Ah, but I was born here.' And I say, 'So was I.' "

Welcome to Arizona, where the only thing worse than the fear and propaganda perpetuated by a government gone wild is what people with the temerity to have been born with dark skin must endure accordingly.

As a fellow Hispanic-AMERICAN, who was born in the U.S, educated in the U.S, follows the rules, and gladly pays his taxes......I couldn't be any more disgusted by the despicable state of Arizona and the blatant racial profiling going on there.

If I was Team Mexico I would've protested playing in the ignorant and racially divided state of Arizona.....it's clear that they are NOT welcomed.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-08-2013 at 04:58 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is so wrong in so many ways. This should have never happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Hmmm someone who treat those of his same race as they are beneath him just because he works for the state. Who does that remind you of?........
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hmmm someone who treat those of his same race as they are beneath him just because he works for the state. Who does that remind you of?........

Mmmm...Obama?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

You know exactly who I am referring to Duane but I am not allowed to go there on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...loss-to-mexico
    ^POETIC JUSTICE!!!!

I for one, am VERY Happy to see Mexico beat the U.S in the terrible/despicable state of Arizona.

Congrats to them, and lol @ U.S baseball in general.....I think it's official now!

Baseball is no longer dominated by Americans, Latinos and Asians have shown that they have just as good if not better players and much better national teams than the U.S.

As a Latin, I'm proud of them.

As an American, I can't help but be a little sad at how much we suck at this event.....seriously, this WBC thing was supposed to be a way to show that American players are the best at baseball, that this is OUR game.

NOPE!

This will most likely be the third straight disappointing WBC where the U.S does absolutely nothing.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Baseball is no longer dominated by Americans, Latinos and Asians have shown that they have just as good if not better players and much better national teams than the U.S.

You think this is new?
    You must not watch much baseball, because I almost never watch it and I know what you said has been true for at least a decade.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I take it Alex that you don't follow too much Baseball?

Venezuela and the Dominican Republic have produced tons of major league players over the year, but if the US wanted to win the meaningless and terrible timing WBC, they easily could. Players that aren't participating for various reasons are guys like Justin Verlander, Clayton Kershaw, David Price, Mike Trout, Bryce Harper, Prince Fielder, Troy Tulowitzki etc.

Oh, and the WBC wasn't about showing that the US was the best, it was about making money.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The old Labour Day Baseball Tournament in Grand Forks, BC was better baseball anyway.

I miss that tournament.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You think this is new?
    You must not watch much baseball, because I almost never watch it and I know what you said has been true for at least a decade.

I didn't say it was new.

But go talk to some people, they'll still claim the U.S is the absolute best for baseball.

They kinda remind me of England Soccer supporters.

Just because the Premier league is in England, and England does have many fantastic players, that doesn't mean they dominate the sport....in fact their national team have been down right disappointing the past few decades.
    I take it Alex that you don't follow too much Baseball?

I do. In fact, I consider myself quite knowledgeable in America's EX-pastime...

Venezuela and the Dominican Republic have produced tons of major league players over the year, but if the US wanted to win the meaningless and terrible timing WBC, they easily could.

I don't buy it.

Although, I will agree that the WBC is placed at a terrible time.

But the U.S just doesn't have the players to match up against the Latin teams....no way!

Oh, and the WBC wasn't about showing that the US was the best, it was about making money.

But at the same time, Americans were being over confident that they would easily win.....nope!

Making money?

Yes, I suppose so, but it's not a LOT of money.....the fans (MLB fans) don't seem to be buying into this tournament.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast