Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

At a local Coney Island, I know they would only hire women to serve people.

Good enough for you?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

That's not someone being denied a good or a service...so... no.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

That's not someone being denied a good or a service...so... no.

Mr. Nit picky, eh? It's not a good or service, but it's a right to be employed, no? Males are being denied for no other reason than being a man, correct?

Do you have a point here to make or not? Do you really believe that only gays are treated differently and denied rights that everyone else isn't?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

The black women's hair salon down the street won't cut my hair, they told me I should go some where else they don't do my type of hair, they said the same thing to one of my coworkers.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

People are discriminated against for reasons other than sexual orientation. To even question that is beyond ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mr. Nit picky, eh? It's not a good or service, but it's a right to be employed, no? Males are being denied for no other reason than being a man, correct?

Do you have a point here to make or not? Do you really believe that only gays are treated differently and denied rights that everyone else isn't?

It's not nit picky. The "example" you gave is not example of what you are talking about. You made it sound like today people are denied service at businesses because of who or what they are quite often and even said that it's "not the end of the world." Since you asked - My 'point' would be that I actually DON'T think it happens very often in our society and that's a good thing. You seem to think it happens alot and it is ignored because of 'an agenda' of some kind. So I'm trying to understand why you think that. Maybe you see something I don't.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No offense, but he said people are discriminated against for other reasons every day. Do you seriously think that's incorrect?

SCF Rewards
    Country

No offense taken... and that's not specifically what he said. Of course people are discriminated against every day for a variety of reasons small and large, that's not my issue. My issue is that he said people are frequently denied the right to buy goods and services based on thier gender and/or skin color. I don't personally see that in this country very often - if ever. So I am curious to know where he is seeing that so often. Maybe it happens a lot and I'm naive?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, I can't join a ladies only gym

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have you forgotten that kids commit suicide after being bullied for damn near anything?

Yes.

And some due to being bullied for their sexual orientation....does that change anything?

Oh, right, you don't care about those kids.

What a terrible Strawman and non-sequitur to my argument.

It really bugs me when people use bullying to push gay rights. I'm all for gay rights, but don't pretend yours is the only reason kids get bullied. Don't pretend yours are the only ones who commit suicide because of it.

Who the hell is pretending the only bullying is due to sexual orientation?

That's such a terrible argument that absolutely NO ONE is making.

I'm saying that gay kids DO kill themselves due to others bullying them for being gay.

It's a valid argument, never did I say that bullying wasn't an equally important issue for non-gay reasons.

Seriously, I don't even understand what you're doing here....

Basically, I notice that the gays have tried to make the issue of bullying theirs and solely theirs. That is just wrong and will NEVER be right.

NONSENSE!

And unless you show HARD proof, I'm calling you out on this one.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast