Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 81098's Items on eBay

PhotoBase is down and out

Hi...
    First off..I am computer-stupid - get that out up front.....
    My PhotoBase3 has decided to stop working, some kind of problem that windows is supposed to correct.Well,it's been a couple months and still nothing.
    I'd like to get back in the hobby after a 2 year absence now that things are settled a bit more (I bought a house) and I need an uploader ??
    I tried scanning to my computer,but it just doesn't work as well as PhotoBase did,where all I had to do was click on "acquire"..choose my device..scan the card then crop,rotate,rename,etc......
    My question is, what do you guys use or do ?

Please help an idiot get back in the hobby and regain a sense of order.....
    ANY help is greatly appreciated.........

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I think that a simple uninstall and re-install of the Photobase software should fix any problems that you are having. It sounds like you might have a corrupted file or executable that is preventing the app from running properly.

There is also the possibility that Photobase hasn't kept up with Microsoft upgrades and has become non-compatible. Microsoft will not fix that. That is something that Photobase will have to resolve with their own upgrades and since it is open source I doubt they will if that is the issue. Here is a link to the latest Photobase version that I could find http://sourceforge.net/projects/photodatabase/files/

If uninstall/re-install of Photobase doesn't work I suggest Irfanview. It is also freeware and is my primary photo editing software just because it is so easy to use. http://www.irfanview.com/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 81098's Items on eBay

Thank-you very much for the response...I'll will give them both a try