Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dominion or The Cup?Goint to Montreal Show what to get,that is the question?

I finally was able to put away enough cash to get myself 1 monster box for the upcoming show on March 23rd in Montreal.
    I have been debating whether to get a 2011/2012 THE CUP or a 2011/2012 DOMINION!
    I have looked at all the different types of cards you can get,the best value for the money and I have not decided yet.
    I have never picked up a DOMINION box before and lately THE CUP that I have seen others open.....well not the greatest!
    I know it`s a crap shoot to begin with but I just wanted to know what your opinions are on both these products before I make the big splurge!

Steve.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

I'm not familiar with dominion, but hey... every pack of Cup opened that's crap is one less crap pack you could get, right? Either way good luck with your pack.. the only time I've ever managed to convince myself to spend that much on 1 pack was when I saw the other 4 go off the shelf with no "hit" in them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

stick to cup, dominion is junk my last two boxes of dominion i got back maybe 100 dollars the cup is always a rush

SCF Rewards
    Country

Open some 2012-13 Heroes and Prospects and get our 1/1 Redemption Card made specially for this show.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

I plan on getting at least two of them!

Open some 2012-13 Heroes and Prospects and get our 1/1 Redemption Card made specially for this show.

Brian Price

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would go with the Cup since the resale value is better. I have never bought either product though so I don't consider myself an expert!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dominion this year is verrrry hit and miss. Nothing like its first year and a lot of the cards this year are selling poorly including the /99 ARP's. The cup is what it is, a pricey high end product year after year with high resale and some monster hits.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (4)
    Country
    See mothepipes's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Take that 450-500 a Cup tin will cost you at the show and blow it on singles, at least you will have something you like when you get out of there.Or you will probably end up with a base card or two, a jersey numbered base card, ARP of a scrubbish player, an auto of a veteran thats been signing the same subset in the Cup since 05/06 + a one color signature patch or limited logo.

Or get 4-5 box of H&P, products look decent this year plus they give you a cool 1/1 per box.

Brian Price

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

Take that 450-500 a Cup tin will cost you at the show and blow it on singles, at least you will have something you like when you get out of there.Or you will probably end up with a base card or two, a jersey numbered base card, ARP of a scrubbish player, an auto of a veteran thats been signing the same subset in the Cup since 05/06 + a one color signature patch or limited logo.

Or get 4-5 box of H&P, products look decent this year plus they give you a cool 1/1 per box.

good idea +1 for you Dr Kicker
    Load up on cool cards for your PC or for trades. im sure you can get sweet deals out there.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Seems like you put in a lot of work to save the money up so if you like busting wax you should spend your money on as much wax as you can. That being said putting all your eggs into one basket is not the best of ideas, but it depends what you want to do with your cards. If you are looking for resale then cup cards, even the lower end guys sells for decent money. If you are looking for nice looking cards for your pc, then Dominion is your way to go since it has more aesthetic appeal and in that sense it's more of a fun break.

If you are going for mid and lower end wax, then I suggest sp game used. It's about 150 a box or so, so you can get a couple of those with the money you saved up and there's usually at least 1-2 decent cards in case of that stuff. Stay away from the likes of Certified, Crown Royale, Luxury Suite and pretty much all those other mid end products b/c they are absolute garbage. Limited is also pretty nice if you take out all the redemptions in that product.