Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Football Autograph Question?

What's the best pen for getting the white panel footballs signed?

Do you prefer a sharpie or a ball point pen?

Thanks in advance for your replies!
    Last edited by Prime B; 08-15-2012 at 09:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just got the Eagles to sign a white panel fb and I used a sharpie, looks pretty awesome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BOOMER-MAN's Items on eBay

Black Sharpie or a Black paint pen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would use a black sharpie for sure on white panel footballs. Just one warning though, it's been my experience that signatures on white panel balls fade over time, even if you keep them stored away from light. I have both blue and black sharpie signed white panel balls and the black seems to hold up a little better than the blue.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You have two options.. I would either reccomend a steadtler marker or the new industrial black charpue.. I would not use a regular sharpue due to the potential for it to fade on the white panel.. I wouldnt use a paint pen either.. It takes forever to dry if it decides to dry! Lol hope this helps

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sharpie. .. Not charpue.. Sorry!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mlublansky's Items on eBay

Use the Sharpie with tim the ball point ink will fade

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See WYTMKE23's Items on eBay

when it comes to the black sharpie is the luck of the draw i have used black sharpie that has faded and have used ones that still lookes like new. Make sure you write with it a few times to make sure its primed real good. If you use paint pen make sure the ink is flowing real good also

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (93)
    Country

All sharpie fades eventually man, it doesnt matter what color it is, trust me . I have had pieces that stayed pristine for like 13 years and the 14th they start to fade. Your better off just using paint pens on white panel balls now, so much easier, easy to get a signature on to, but also very easy to smudge, just like any ink on a white panel ball. Look at my bucket if you dont believe me, I try to avoid white panels all together. I wish you luck though.