Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The higher end product and 1/1 question

Just curious as to peoples opinion on this.
    How would you rank these 2012 Football products?
    SP Authentic
    Panini Black
    Topps Chrome
    Topps Supreme

And my question about the 1/1...
    What makes product A's Andrew Luck patch auto 1/1 worth more than product B's Andrew Luck patch auto 1/1?
    They both have the same rarity right?

The reason I'm asking is because I pulled a 1/1 Panini BLACK Prime Signatures NFL Shield and was noticing that the Topps Chrome
    superfractor auto of the same player sold for $3050, and I'm just curious if it's value is in the same ball park....

Thanks for your opinion in advance!
    Collecting Football: Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, ​Torrey Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Ronnie Hillman Baseball: Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg and Ian Desmond
    Hidden Content

Superfractors control the market, they are the highest sought after cards. A Black 1/1 wouldn't be compariable in my opnion. If it is a game worn logoshield auto, it would probably be compariable, but I would guess that it is event worn. Still sounds like a great hit though.

I never understood this.. Why would anyone want a Super refractor for that price when they can get the logo shield + a low #d auto for cheaper... If I was a collector I would spend more on your card then that Chrome 1/1. That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Gentleman View Post
    I never understood this.. Why would anyone want a Super refractor for that price when they can get the logo shield + a low #d auto for cheaper... If I was a collector I would spend more on your card then that Chrome 1/1. That's just me though.
    My understanding of the superfractor popularity is this: Topps Chrome football is probably the most loved set by the most football collectors, across all levels of spenders. Whether you can only buy a box, or three cases of it, everyone loves it. It's a huge staple, it's simple but awesome, and the superfractors are always the rarest no matter how many issues of other refractors they make. There is only ever one per player. And, there is only one Topps Chrome. The logo shields, to me, are less of a big deal b/c Panini puts them in every one of their too many sets. I know that Topps Finest has Supers, and probably another Topps set as well, but the Chrome superfractors (and super autos) are the standard for "best rookie card" because of the love for the set, and how few versions of the super there are (unlike logo shields, which make them considerably less rare than a Chrome super). Panini even tried to copy Topps this year with their (to me) god awful ugly Prizm set.
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy Gentleman View Post
    Most likely for the reason that almost all the rookie (and even 2nd up to 4th) year cards are event worn. At the rookie premiere, the players don't even wear the jersey for more then 20 seconds it seems. I'm sure you've seen the picture of Mark Ingram wearing multiple jerseys. Here is the link to an article that talks about it.

I think it depends on what you want to collect. The value to everyone is going to be different. I personal prefer Rookie Patch Autos. I don't buy certian products because they don't have patch autos. I LOVE crown royale, think it might be my favorite product. Black is nice too because every pack you get a rookie patch auto.

Im more into traditional cards so all these super thick patch cards, I really don't see them as cards. They are more miniature framed pieces of jersey that may or may not have autos, to me at least. For me there is nothing better than a regular looking card with a nice on-card auto. This could be other collectors view on it too.

But in reality it has to do with Chromes longevity on the hobby. Chrome and Contenders are sets that we can depend on from year to year, just like SPA used to be until UD lost the license. The rest of the products may or may not be around next year and even if they do have some following they have very little chance to last more than 5 years. Collectors like to be able to compare a rc from the past to a current one and the best and easiest way to do that is from a set that they both have a rc in.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    I will NOT send paypal as a gift!!! I'd rather spend a few extra dollars to protect myself, than leave myself open to be scammed with NO recourse!!!

And as far as the rating you are asking for, i would put black and supreme as 1a and 1b, chrome as 2 and SP a very distant 1000000. I don't like product without the license

Thanks for all your input guys! Helps me out a lot!
    Collecting Football: Robert Griffin III, Alfred Morris, Doug Martin, ​Torrey Smith, Ryan Tannehill, Ronnie Hillman Baseball: Bryce Harper, Stephen Strasburg and Ian Desmond
    Hidden Content

I'd rank them like this

Chrome, Black, Supreme, SPA
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast