Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bills release Ryan Fitzpatrick!

Wow, I didn't see this coming, I guess that's one way to get rid of that huge contract.
    https://twitter.com/buffalobills/sta...72296970158080

that was an obvious move. that guy is terrible.
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

Jag's will pick him up. my guess anyways
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

I don't get it.

Quarterback A: Throws for 3800 yards and 22 TDs and completes 59.7% of his passes and he gets a new contract that makes him the 3rd highest paid QB in the NFL (Flacco)

Quarterback B: Throws for 3400 yards and 24 TDs and completes 60.6% of his passes and he gets cut because his salary is too high (Fitz)

I get that $10.5 mill was a lot for Fitz this year, but if Flacco is worth $20 mill a year then Fitz is worth half of that. Money aside, who are the Bills going to replace him with? Jason Campbell? Matt Moore? Seneca Wallace? The QB pool is about as shallow as it gets. I see they signed TJack to a 1 year deal. The Bills are not in rebuilding mode, they are in "We have no plans to win in 2013" mode.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    The Bills are not in rebuilding mode, they are in "We have no plans to win in 2013" mode.
    I think the whole plan for the Bills is to never get to another Super Bowl so that they can never lose another one. Word is they will draft a QB and have him fight with Jackson for the starting job. With it being a weak QB class they aren't going to net anybody that will win the starting job so I foresee them going with Jackson as their starting QB next year.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I don't get it.

Quarterback A: Throws for 3800 yards and 22 TDs and completes 59.7% of his passes and he gets a new contract that makes him the 3rd highest paid QB in the NFL (Flacco)

Quarterback B: Throws for 3400 yards and 24 TDs and completes 60.6% of his passes and he gets cut because his salary is too high (Fitz)

I get that $10.5 mill was a lot for Fitz this year, but if Flacco is worth $20 mill a year then Fitz is worth half of that. Money aside, who are the Bills going to replace him with? Jason Campbell? Matt Moore? Seneca Wallace? The QB pool is about as shallow as it gets. I see they signed TJack to a 1 year deal. The Bills are not in rebuilding mode, they are in "We have no plans to win in 2013" mode.

i think the word you're looking for here is "ever"
    Banner For BucketHidden Content
    Looking For: Gronkowski, Brady, 2011 Certified

I think this is a result of the 2012 QB class (and you can throw Newton and Kaep in the mix). Meaning, gms now feel they can draft a rookie and start them right away and don't want to pay 10.5 mil for a "backup" QB. Good strategy if you pick the right guy, but you can be in a perpetual new RC QB mode every two years if it doesn't - see Cleveland.

Mario Williams is next lol
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Maybe they are trying for the #1 pick next year? Is there a good player that would be headlining that draft? Bills always seem to get 5-8 wins every year and get nothing in the draft so maybe they think it will be better to just tank the season and get a great player that is "can't miss".
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Problem is, there is no such thing as "can't miss". Recent successes of guys like Luck, RG3 and Wilson makes drafting a QB look good, but Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf were "can't miss" franchise QBs too.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast