Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Ok This Is Irking Me-Tiger Tag Pull!!

My question is does anyone somehow know who wrote Tiger's initials on this tag? I was lucky enough to pull it and I am still in total shock, but as I think about what to do with it I am wondering who wrote his initials. I did contact Upper Deck and they ensured me that no one there signed the tag so it was either Tiger himself or one of his people that signed it, but I can't see why that would take place. Any help is appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

did they say where they bought it from? Perhaps the company or auction house that sold it did that so it wouldn't be mistaken for just another polo shirt? I'm not sure, it adds more character to an already amazing card though

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cmo5885's Items on eBay

that card is seriously bananas! im very jealous incredible pull

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

did they say where they bought it from? Perhaps the company or auction house that sold it did that so it wouldn't be mistaken for just another polo shirt? I'm not sure, it adds more character to an already amazing card though

no idea! i talked to a customer service rep from upper deck and all that person notified to me was that the initials weren't done by anyone at upper deck. in all of the tags i have seen from other sports, i have never seen the initials of the athlete and most usually it's either a laundry tag or just a white tag with nothing, which makes me wonder where this tag even came from. i am thinking it's from a hat.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Still irked! I'm tempted to track Tiger down and ask him myself!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it came from his hat man. THE CUP has parts of his hat logos in their product so it makes sense. I love that card man, A SWEET pull for sure. If you ever want to move it shoot me a PM. So nice...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hitman73's Items on eBay

Judging by the way the end of the W goes away from the rest of the letter it's similar to how he signs the W in Woods. I'm no expert but I'd say Tiger initialed those himself.

As far as the card itself,I'd crap myself if I had pulled it and it would be a PC item for sure.
    Hidden Content

Use the drop-down menu on the top right for tradepages

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I noticed that about his w's as well in his autos. lol i'm tempted to go down to fl and ask him myself!!! I have seen a couple of other 1/2 and 1/1 tigers pop up on ebay, with pretty low completed listings but since I am not looking to sell this card with his play being so good right now. Would it be wrong of me to ask what the potential sale value of this card might be? I have heard from friends anywhere from a 10 000 BIN to anywhere between 1000-3000 would be fair.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is a sweet card, but I don't see it pulling anywhere near 3k, if you decide to sell it I hope it does though. His 1/1 button card with 2 other guys sold for around $850, and I would put this card in the same area as that, but even a bit higher since it has Palmer on it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

I saw that same card and a 1/1 button with nelson sold for 2500 as a best offer. I personally see this card as more valuable than a button card since those are plentiful in other products as well whereas I have never seen any tag anywhere with initials on it. I see my card as a 1/1 as well and one of the rarest cards in the set but then again I am bias when I say that.

Also that triple tag card didn't have as nice swatches as mine and the other two golfers deter from the value of the card. I saw another tiger tag 1/2 I believe sell for over 1000, again with two plain swatches and that's more likely a better ballpark of what my card is most likely worth.
    Last edited by chakhae1; 03-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast