Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Should I write UD??

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

If there was gold in every box then they still wouldn't be worth much because the great cards would be easier to pull. This isn't a money making business. It is a hobby for a reason.

For better or for worse this hobby of ours that we all love has become a business and there's no other way to look at it. Gone are the days when people collect just for the joy of collecting and the bottom line is if you aren't smart about what you buy and flip the stuff you don't need and make some kind of money, you won't be able to stay in the hobby for very long.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

For better or for worse this hobby of ours that we all love has become a business and there's no other way to look at it. Gone are the days when people collect just for the joy of collecting and the bottom line is if you aren't smart about what you buy and flip the stuff you don't need and make some kind of money, you won't be able to stay in the hobby for very long.

Dude........... I collect for the joy of collecting, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there, and I will be finishing off my want-list til the day I die. You can ask a buncha people I've given my cards away to on this board if I'm in this for the "business"....... or the people who've mailed me stuff for no good reason.............. It all come down to THIS - if I'm trying to fill my PC I'm definitely not gonna gamble away $100+ on a four-card "box" THAT is where I'm smart about the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Dude........... I collect for the joy of collecting, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one out there, and I will be finishing off my want-list til the day I die. You can ask a buncha people I've given my cards away to on this board if I'm in this for the "business"....... or the people who've mailed me stuff for no good reason.............. It all come down to THIS - if I'm trying to fill my PC I'm definitely not gonna gamble away $100+ on a four-card "box" THAT is where I'm smart about the hobby.

I used to be just like you and collected for the mere joy of busting wax and making myself happy. As I have started to focus on making some money out of the money I have realized how the true nature of the hobby is like. I am not saying this is a bad or good thing, but it's just a reality. You are a rare breed in this hobby that collects for the sole purpose of maintaining their pc and making other collectors hobby.

Personally I would prefer if all these things that make people greedy in the hobby were limited and there was more of a focus on the hardcore collector such as yourself. There wouldn't be all this corruption and scamming going on if there was and the hobby would just be in a much better place.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

I used to be just like you and collected for the mere joy of busting wax and making myself happy. As I have started to focus on making some money out of the money I have realized how the true nature of the hobby is like. I am not saying this is a bad or good thing, but it's just a reality. You are a rare breed in this hobby that collects for the sole purpose of maintaining their pc and making other collectors hobby.

Personally I would prefer if all these things that make people greedy in the hobby were limited and there was more of a focus on the hardcore collector such as yourself. There wouldn't be all this corruption and scamming going on if there was and the hobby would just be in a much better place.

You can choose to take from this hobby whatever you want, and the true nature of it can be whatever you want as well, that's what I'm saying........the reality, for better or worse, is that if you're going into it to try to make money chances are you're gonna lose nine times outta ten. A $90 box of UD Series I will get me $1 Trevor Daley and Ryan Getzlaf jerseys, a $100 Ultimate box will get the OP at $3 Matt Duchene auto and a $250 box of History of Hockey (Christmas present - not my $$$) will get me a $20 Hasek jersey and three other saddddd items slabbed in plastic.

Sometimes you get a hit, most times you don't, THAT'S the reality. If you're not buying these things for the joy of it, if you're not taking them jersey cards and taking a huge whiff, if you're not looking at them cards like they're Mila Kunis........well, you're doomed from the start.

Holy heck, I gotta be up in 4 and a bit hours, peace out my brothers!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Actually I wasn't referring to busting wax, group breaks or those methods since that will always be a losing battle. However, if you take the time to do the proper research you can make anything work and making money in the hobby is just one of those things.

When it comes to busting wax, I agree and I do it for the mere joy of collecting and I never expect to make my money back and if I do get a money card of any sort, I almost always keeps it unless I am trading it towards something for my PC.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234