Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

When the government spends money on things I don't like it is wasteful spending.
    When the government spends money on things I like it is indispensable.
    Now stop enjoying things I don't enjoy.
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

When the government spends money on things I don't like it is wasteful spending.
    When the government spends money on things I like it is indispensable.
    Now stop enjoying things I don't enjoy.

I'm actually interested in the results of the quail/cocaine study. I don't see how it's useful though, so I feel it's wasted money.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Well, if I'm not mistaken, the US government is spending over $175,000 to find out if cocaine makes Japanese quail engage in risky sexual behaviour...

I suppose that's going to give us some really useful data?

Did I ask you about a quail/cocaine study? I asked you about the study in THIS thread. Comparing it to something entirely different is a strawman argument. I gave you a straight answer. Why can't you do the same?
    Last edited by habsheaven; 03-16-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

One assumes the same people are handing out money. If they're going to hand out cash to give cocaine to quail, then I believe they'll spend they're money on ridiculous crap. You asked why I believe they would hand out money for something with no real basis or worth. That example showz it's been done in the past.

Nice use of straw man, but there was no comparison. Just an example of past ridiculousness proving that, against your claim, they do hand out this money horribly.

Try again, with less hostility this time.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-16-2013 at 05:48 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

One assumes the same people are handing out money. If they're going to hand out cash to give cocaine to quail, then I believe they'll spend they're money on ridiculous crap. You asked why I believe they would hand out money for something with no real basis or worth. That example showz it's been done in the past.

Nice use of straw man, but there was no comparison. Just an example of past ridiculousness proving that, against your claim, they do hand out this money horribly.

Try again, with less hostility this time.

If anything is ridiculous it is the assumption you are making that the same people are handing out the money in these two separate studies. And by assuming so, you believe you can compare the ridiculousness of one study which has no obvious social benefit to the legitimate possible benefits of the other. If that's the best case you have we can leave it at that.

and FYI, there's no hostility in this post or the last one.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Maybe you should re read your posts. They're pretty hostile.

In that case fine, equally qualified work better? You get my point and we both know it, so please stop being obtuse.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If anything is ridiculous it is the assumption you are making that the same people are handing out the money in these two separate studies.

Is it?
    The National Institutes of Health (NIH) awarded $181,406 to fund a study of how cocaine enhances the sex drive of Japanese quail.

http://cnsnews.com/node/69351

The National Institutes of Health have now dedicated $1.5 million to studying one of life’s greatest mysteries: why are lesbians fat

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...n-fat-lesbians

So yeah...I disagree.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-17-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345