Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    No they aren't. They've based the whole thing on a stereotype that may or may not exist. How does that help? How is it different from studying why gay males are fashion conscious.
    You, and a few others on here, seriously need to learn how to read.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  2. #22


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    You, and a few others on here, seriously need to learn how to read.
    That's pretty ironic, considering who said it.

    And I did read. Where do they get the stats on fat lesbians?
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    That's pretty ironic, considering who said it.

    And I did read. Where do they get the stats on fat lesbians?
    It's not ironic, it's factual. The article clearly states what the researchers hope to accomplish from the study. The accuracy of the data that they are basing the study on is irrelevant to the goals they WANT to accomplish (establish a link between sexuality and obesity). It may affect their success, but not their intentions.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  4. #24


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    It's not ironic, it's factual. The article clearly states what the researchers hope to accomplish from the study. The accuracy of the data that they are basing the study on is irrelevant to the goals they WANT to accomplish (establish a link between sexuality and obesity). It may affect their success, but not their intentions.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure my point is what they say they want (the study you mention) and what they actually want ($1.5million for calling lesbians fat) are two totally different things.

    People do say good things they don't mean for personal gain, you know.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  5. #25
    so how come young kids are fat?
    sexuality and fatness can be linked in some way, but I can link you to wickabee, doesn't mean one has anything to do with the other.

    how about linking fatness to sit down family dinners, school lunches, fast food, price of health food, lack of education about food, genetics, parenting, religion, or economics?
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  6. #26
    What is it that they are saying for personal gain? And what is the personal gain they are achieving? A salary? Money to pay the lab rent?

    Where are your studies disproving the studies they are basing their research on?
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    so how come young kids are fat?
    sexuality and fatness can be linked in some way, but I can link you to wickabee, doesn't mean one has anything to do with the other.

    how about linking fatness to sit down family dinners, school lunches, fast food, price of health food, lack of education about food, genetics, parenting, religion, or economics?
    Fatness, as you call it, can be linked to all of those things. These researchers are trying to find links to something else that may help in the fight against obesity. What is wrong with that?
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  8. #28


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    What is it that they are saying for personal gain? And what is the personal gain they are achieving? A salary? Money to pay the lab rent?
    I'm sure they will spend all $1.5million on this "research".
    Of course, to do this "research, they need somewhere to live and food to eat and of course a recreation budget to keep them "sane". $1.5million should just get them by, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Where are your studies disproving the studies they are basing their research on?
    First show me the studies thwey are basing this on. So far all I have to go on is "D*ykes is fat".
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  9. #29


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,381
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Fatness, as you call it, can be linked to all of those things. These researchers are trying to find links to something else that may help in the fight against obesity. What is wrong with that?
    THey're basing it on "We think more lesbians are fat and more gay men are skinny"

    That's a stereotype. What's next, why black people can dance or Asians are bad drivers? This is crap.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    THey're basing it on "We think more lesbians are fat and more gay men are skinny"

    That's a stereotype. What's next, why black people can dance or Asians are bad drivers? This is crap.
    No, they are basing it on "Studies show (not their studies, btw) that minority lesbians are fatter and gay men are skinnier than their heterosexual counterparts." And because of that we want to research whether or not there is a causal link.

    You can call it crap all you like. Until you can provide evidence that they are off base, all you are doing is blowing hot air.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •