Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Considering who sponsored the ads, I think your interpretation of them is wrong. They are grouping all Islamists to OBL and his philosophy. I think the question, "What is your Jihad?" is meant to be a wake up call to Christians to take the defense of Christianity more seriously in the face of growing Islamic populations in America.

looks like it is after I re-read some of the article. I'm just confused by the ads in general. I see them as saying the people on the ads and their quotes are not the same as all muslims. bottom line I don't see the point of the ads and they are poorly created and rather ambiguous in their meaning.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

looks like it is after I re-read some of the article. I'm just confused by the ads in general. I see them as saying the people on the ads and their quotes are not the same as all muslims. bottom line I don't see the point of the ads and they are poorly created and rather ambiguous in their meaning.

I agree with you. Without knowing who created the ads (and most people wouldn't know), they could be interpreted in the way you saw them.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Um, if these people said these things and these things are anti-Muslim, then the people that said them made anti-Muslim statements. Repeating them is not anti-Muslim.

Also, I don't know what type of scam that news agency is trying to pull, but those images are not from the San Francisco bus stations. If you look at the wall behind the pic of Osama bin Laden you see "Shaw-Howard University". Howard University is in Washington DC, not in San Fran. Yet another epic fail by an idiot liberal media group.

The point of the ads is to ensure that the public does not get indoctrinated with the newest deception that is going around that the term jihad does not mean killing of innocent people in the name of religion. In recent news I have heard the term jihad used in relation to rallies and protests. Jihad is the unrestrained killing of non-Muslims, period. Portraying it as anything else is ignorant.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Duane, I agree with the first half. What these pictures do is perpetuate hatred in the name of safety. It's a dishonest tactic used by evil people and bought up by idiots.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Um, if these people said these things and these things are anti-Muslim, then the people that said them made anti-Muslim statements. Repeating them is not anti-Muslim.

Also, I don't know what type of scam that news agency is trying to pull, but those images are not from the San Francisco bus stations. If you look at the wall behind the pic of Osama bin Laden you see "Shaw-Howard University". Howard University is in Washington DC, not in San Fran. Yet another epic fail by an idiot liberal media group.

The point of the ads is to ensure that the public does not get indoctrinated with the newest deception that is going around that the term jihad does not mean killing of innocent people in the name of religion. In recent news I have heard the term jihad used in relation to rallies and protests. Jihad is the unrestrained killing of non-Muslims, period. Portraying it as anything else is ignorant.

No, it's an epic fail on your part. The very first sentence in the article states where the ads are being used, "on buses". The pictures being used are for reference only as it is obvious that they are not on buses.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

No, it's an epic fail on your part. The very first sentence in the article states where the ads are being used, "on buses". The pictures being used are for reference only as it is obvious that they are not on buses.

How did I fail? I didn't fail at anything. The news agency is quoting ads and then posting pictures of similar ads with the exact same quotes and using those pictures without clarifying that the images are not from what they are talking about. A little truth and responsibility in reporting would be nice. As far as I can see, there is no evidence that buses in SF are running these ads other than the word of a person who wrote an article that was too lazy to actually get pictures of what they were writing about.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't speak for Alex on this but even though I go to a christian church I am sick of bigotry by christians and them trying to legislate their religion in every aspect of our lives. If someone wants to live conservatively by biblical principals thats great for them but the minute they try to force their views on everyone else that's when I have a serious problem. Also since we live in a majority christian country then none of us have to worry about anyone forcing islamic law on us. If/when that happens the muslims will be called out just like we are calling the christians out today.

And that's my exact sentiments as well.

If it SEEMS like I'm being hateful or spiteful towards ALL christians then I think that's part of my deep frustration with what I see happening in this country on a day to day basis.

It's just impossible for me to hate christians just becuase they believe something I don't.

What is in their minds is of NO consequence to me.

The problem is when they try to force those thoughts unto me by trying to pass laws that violate our constitution and our secular laws.

I've also put it out blatantly out there before.....

If at any point, in any thread, I directly offend anybody on here....please point it out to me and I will explain myself...

My objective has never been to offend anyone....but at the same time IF I attack your religion, that is NOT the same as offending you directly....It's just not.

Conversely, if theists attack my beliefs, that is also not a direct attack to me....unless the implication is direct.

For example.....Alex is an idiot for believing the things he believes, he is immoral, and is going to hell.

That would be a direct attack....something which I don't believe is productive in any discussion, and I don't do those type of attacks to no one on here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

so if they said; an atheist is an[QUOTE]idiot for believing the things he believes[QUOTE]

would that be a personal attack?

SCF Rewards
    Country

[QUOTE=shrewsbury;12585552]so if they said; an atheist is an[QUOTE]idiot for believing the things he believes

would that be a personal attack?

It would not be a personal attack, but it WOULD be a very bad argument.

For one thing an atheist doesn't believe in anything specific....he has a lack of belief in god...that's it.

But if you say, Ok then he's an idiot for not believing in god....then it's still a bad argument because the implication is based on a flawed reasoning.

BTW, it would also be a very bad argument if I said christians were idiots for believing in god....you can search all the posts I have ever made here, I have never said or implied that in any direct way.

What I DO say, is that the bible is highly flawed, and because of that so is the Christian religion.

^Here I can make a case for the bible being flawed.....I'm not insulting anyone directly, and if anyone that believes in the bible thinks I'm offending them, that is simply too bad, but I'm not attacking them, and I sure as hell not apologizing for them being offended about the criticisms I have towards a book. I do not consider it holy or anything special....it's a book.

Let me make a sports analogy, If I attacked the Lakers, their players, and their organization.....if Laker fans get offended....too bad.

My attack is not directed at them, it's directed at the team. It's not my fault they are easily offended.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 03-14-2013 at 10:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

alex,

a Christian is someone who follows Christ, no where does Jesus say anything about the New Testament. So when you say Christian you are including all followers, and we have many different beliefs, just like Hinduism and Buddhism.

When we set that fact aside and are talking about the Bible (OT & NT) there are few if any that follow the teachings within. In fact there is a better chance of an Orthodox Jew following more of the OT than a Christian trying to follow the OT and NT, but there is a better chance neither will succeed.

The Bible is not flawed, it is our notion of what the Bible is that is flawed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast