Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need ur opinion

uhhh what package was $1.95? Did he ship it in one of those hard cardboard shippers you can get at wal-mart.

I guess either way this is my point, I don't ship hot wheels or glass cups ever. But i have enough common sense to wrap them in bubble rap and secure them in a container in which they will not shift should the need for me to ship them arise.

If he put the card in a hard CD cardboard mailer he still should have common sense enough to make sure the card was secure within the container. Negatives sometimes don't hurt as bad as stars. So you could leave a negative or positive comment but really nail him with stars for communication and shipping charges.
    I don't care if you need a week to ship! Perspective.

If the card isn't damaged it is hard to justify leaving a negative.
    Last edited by jaybird_1981; 03-20-2013 at 04:13 PM.

I think leaving a negative in this case would be wrong, since the card arrived undamaged. He has every right to claim he wasn't familiar with typical card sending practices, and it may very well be true. He did take measures to ensure the packaging was good and firm, so in a sense he was being considerate of it, if not the way us card people usually do it.

What route did you end up going /w the feedback?
    ** Hidden Content ** Hidden Content
    Help me with 2011 Topps Platinum Green RC refs #/499!! (Have 11/50) **
    ** Hidden Content **

not sure yet

Quote Originally Posted by ndhl83 View Post
    I think leaving a negative in this case would be wrong, since the card arrived undamaged. He has every right to claim he wasn't familiar with typical card sending practices, and it may very well be true. He did take measures to ensure the packaging was good and firm, so in a sense he was being considerate of it, if not the way us card people usually do it.

What route did you end up going /w the feedback?
    Hidden Content

I collect 49ers & Dwight Howard

Look at his completed listings. Has he sold other cards? If so, then the "I didn't know" excuse doesn't fly.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

I would definately go the route that some members have mentioned here. You might not like that he charged that price for shipping but negatives on feedback don't seem to mean much to Ebay.

As one member said, look at his other sales. If he has sold many other cards then leave a neutral and explain about the poor shipping practices and hit him in his ratings. If he hasn't sold many or any other then to you, leave a positive with a note about his shipping.
    Collect Star/HOF patches and autos
    I don't collect non-auto RC unless that is all the player has!
    If it isn't listed in Beckett as a RC, THEN IT ISNT A RC!
    If you want DC, then you can pay the $17+ it will cost!
    Photobucket: Hidden Content

If he shipped the item as it was described, you can't leave him a negative.
    A neutral raises eyebrows, but maybe eyebrows DO need to be raised for this seller.
    Just remember that you hold his reputation in your hands, and is it really worth the damage you'll do to him.

I would give him a positive, as long as it was received "as described", but in your feedback, say that it was unwisely shipped without protection, so that future buyers can steer clear. I would NEVER want to buy from someone selling w/o protection, and as a seller since 1999 I would NEVER send a card w/o protection. Ever!

Just my 2 cents =)

thanks everyone for the advice all of ur comments are very helpful.
    Hidden Content

I collect 49ers & Dwight Howard

wait a minute....did you contact him through this site? He claimed not to be a sports card collector. What is he doing on this site if he is not, and if he even casually browses the site, he would have had to have caught others talking about how they ship and receive cards....

abd as somebody else mentioned, it doesn't take that much common sense to figure out how to safely ship things

I detect shennanigans...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

leave a neutral stating how it wasn't protected properly. There isn't really anything in the stars that defines how well it was packaged. I say leave the neutral and just don't fill out the stars.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast