Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LANCE's Items on eBay

When do serial numbers matter?

I read an article online once talking about serialized/limited editions not being entirely accurate. can someone explain to me the facts about serialized and limited edition cards? Thanks a lot.

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

well i can tell you there are way way to damn many out there, its just about totally rediculous to be honest.

but to what your saying, i've heard of 1 or 2 cards being stamped with the same serial number, but i think it was a different sport. like baseball/football or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thanks. yea i think it was baseball, i think it was saying that the serial numbers were basically bogus and meant nothing lol not in this great game would they!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Most are accurate. I just think that because they make so many of them that they are bound to make mistakes. You will always here about the mistakes.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

lmao, you know error cards used be worth something extra, does that still apply lol

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

lmao, you know error cards used be worth something extra, does that still apply lol

i dont think they do. i remember my dad taking me into a card shop when i was like 8 years old and we purchased a Fernando Valenzula Error card which i though was like 1 million dollars cause they made a error on it. now days, people shun stuff like that mostly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

If your talking values, they matter most for rookies I guess, and if you have a personal like for a specific card design from one year, and there are only 5 copies of your fave player, than it would be really valuable to you. Otherwise, like sko said, they are getting to be that they are almost as common as base cards, than the serial # card is just another marketing tool to create artifical value.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@22collector See rtsportscards28's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I believe it was last year. Don't quote me on this but I think it was card 73 or something like that of 11-12 ud ice RNH rookie /99. There was two of the same serial numbered cards. One was on eBay and the other was either on here or somewhere else. I really forget but I believe there was. Post on here about it. Just figured I'd mention that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so I mean I collect scott stevens master set, and he has quite a few /10, /15, /20, /25 These are legit right? I mean that makes it hard as hell to find. Although generally the rarities find a way to drag people out onto these boards and ebay, I'm not seeing many.

Also, how can i find out the entire index for a given set? company websites? If I wanted all devils, bit most are common, how can i determine which number in a set they are?

Thanks a ton guys.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (62)
    Country

Also, how can i find out the entire index for a given set? company websites? If I wanted all devils, bit most are common, how can i determine which number in a set they are?

Thanks a ton guys.

Try the SCF Inventory Manager, there's a link to it near the top of the page. They recently added the ability to search by team. It may not be perfect yet but it should be a good start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast