Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

WHL Playoffs Discussion Thread

While we're all enjoying the lockout-shortened NHL campaign, let's not for a second overlook what's going on in the junior ranks!

The WHL regular season wraps up today but the playoff bracket for the opening round has been finalized - here's what fans will see in round 1:

It should be a great post-season, and I really look forward to seeing how deep the Rockets can go this year. It's been phenomenal to get to follow this team again, and seeing them set a franchise record with 52 wins, including that ridiculous home winning streak, has been a highlight of this past few months. It'll be interesting when they run into Portland though.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Portland as we speak, and has been mentioned earlier, probably have the strongest team in the entire league, including the East. They look better than their old Memorial Cup Team of years gone by.

There are always surprises though, and I'm sure the Oil Kings have a bitter taste in their mouths after their dismal performance last year after winning the West. There will be some good Hockey played. It all depends on discipline. Turnovers occur on more occasions in Junior than they do in the pros. One minor penalty can ruin an entire playoff run. The team in the West that plays sound fundamental Hockey, and stays out of the box can get very deep into the fray.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Living here in Edmonton, the media, etc. expect nothing less than a Portland/Edmonton final, and another trip to the Memorial Cup for the Kings. I dont think its going to be as easy as just saying it though.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

I played one game in my Junior career and it was against the Oil Kings. I think I got 2 shifts in 1975. Lol.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think that I'm in a state of shock. The Rockets, who had a 50-point advantage over Seattle during the regular season, are down 3-0 after losing the first three games in OT.

I was at Games 1 & 2 here in Kelowna, and I just couldn't believe it. The team hasn't elevated its level of play at all for the post-season. Seattle is throwing their weight and size advantage around, and they're throwing a blanket over the faster skilled guys. Two breakdowns in the D-Zone off of faceoff losses cost them here..

*sigh*

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See oilfan10's Items on eBay

I think that I'm in a state of shock. The Rockets, who had a 50-point advantage over Seattle during the regular season, are down 3-0 after losing the first three games in OT.

I was at Games 1 & 2 here in Kelowna, and I just couldn't believe it. The team hasn't elevated its level of play at all for the post-season. Seattle is throwing their weight and size advantage around, and they're throwing a blanket over the faster skilled guys. Two breakdowns in the D-Zone off of faceoff losses cost them here..

*sigh*

It's like having 3 shots in the red zone and not scoring, eh?

I am admittedly on the Oil Kings bandwagon. I would like to watch more games, but they're so rarely on TV I simply follow them online and on twitter.

BANNED

Country

I've never been a Blazers fan(having come from Manitoba, I've always liked the Wheat Kings), but ever since their near-comeback against Portland last year, and this last season that consisted of being first in the country for a short time, to getting beat down by the Cougars and the Rockets, it's been a pretty exciting time to watch them, as well as the rest of the WHL. I'd love to see the Blazers get revenge on the Winterhawks, but it's not likely!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've got some pics coming from tonight's game :D

Also, I just noticed this piece of audacity:
    It'll be interesting when they run into Portland though.

I'll just reiterate that I have pics coming from tonight's game :P

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Now that I'm up from my accidental nap... here's some pics from last night's game :)
    Sorry if the big pics were unexpected.
    I've got 58 pics in total for this game, here.

The OT game winner en route (just going past the last defenseman's skate in this pic).

Game winning group hug.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

Swift current gets screwed over by the refs last night putting them down 3-1 against Calgary

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast