My oldest card is a 2000 Absolute Leather and Laces ball Marshall Faulk:

Oldest player, Jerry Rice....:

I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Oldest in terms of year produced would be this:

Kevine Greene Collector's Edge Game Used Helmet (face mask maybe?) Autograph Card From 1997
    Nice Greene, I have the Barry Sanders helmet card like this but it is not scanned.

Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    Nice Greene, I have the Barry Sanders helmet card like this but it is not scanned.
    Those cards are nice indeed. I have the Eddie George like it:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    Those cards are nice indeed. I have the Eddie George like it:
    Yeah you got a much better scan out of the card. Mine shows up too dark and you can't make out the layers of the card. It has the autograph and game used under a plastic layer on the front and back of the card creating a photo box like look that was probably really advanced in 1997.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by pwaldo View Post
    Yeah you got a much better scan out of the card. Mine shows up too dark and you can't make out the layers of the card. It has the autograph and game used under a plastic layer on the front and back of the card creating a photo box like look that was probably really advanced in 1997.
    Yep Edge was advanced for their time. Some of their gu cards were awesome. Here are some more from 1997:

I have no idea why they went Bankrupt but I am really glad they produced some of these. Man I wish there was an Eddie like your Autoed Green.
    Hidden Content
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Everyone hated Edge because they released "Shop At Home" versions of all their sets in 1995 and 1996, decreasing the regular sets in value BIG time. I remember pulling Elway and Davis Edge Gear cards out of retail. Loved them. They got lost though.
    I also have my PC trifecta of those Excalibur cards with Isaac Bruce, Marino, and Karim Abdul Jabbar. great stuff!
    Sigh... I could post all day in this thread with the Marino stuff I have.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Here is my Barry Sanders from 1997 Edge. That company is long gone but they made some very, very nice cards while in business.

Seems as if 1996 and 1997 were the first years Gu cards were made and that most come from Edge
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfir View Post
    Here is my Barry Sanders from 1997 Edge. That company is long gone but they made some very, very nice cards while in business.

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    Seems as if 1996 and 1997 were the first years Gu cards were made and that most come from Edge
    Yep. UD had the 1 set in Upper Deck each year from 1996-1998, but never ventured beyond those in any other series until 1999. Fleer and Pacific did not start until 1999. Edge made the helmet cards, 5 or 6 GU'd football cards, and the GameGear Quad set. Playoff fought the concept until 1999 Contenders, opting to use store bought, non-player worn jerseys in their product until that time. Its funny, because Playoff might have been the ones to spark the UD creative item thinking they should add GU'd jerseys with the popular 1995 Pigskin Previews, where they inserted leather into cards.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast