Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I used to drink quite a bit, and use other drugs which started with pot. I do not drink at all, and hope I never do again. Would have been better off if I never did. Living in a state with a high death rate, due to alcohol and other drugs. I wish those who do these things, to stay at home, and do them there.
    I do not want government to tell me what I need and what I don't. But, when it endangers all others out there who are not impaired. The government has a role to protect the innocent.

the fact that alcohol is legal or if pot is legal in ones state doesn't change the fact that the users of alcohol or pot still have the duty to use it responsibly. They still have to follow the regulations of those drugs or suffer the consequences. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's open season to use it when and where ever you want. I definitely agree with you on that point.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

the fact that alcohol is legal or if pot is legal in ones state doesn't change the fact that the users of alcohol or pot still have the duty to use it responsibly. They still have to follow the regulations of those drugs or suffer the consequences. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's open season to use it when and where ever you want. I definitely agree with you on that point.

What I don't get is why so many people think "legal marijuana" means people will be allowed to smoke on the sidewalk or anywhere else in public for that matter. Just because cigarettes are smoked and are legal in (some) public areas and marijuana is also (mostly) smoked people think marijuana will be exactly the samde.

The people who think this, in my mind, have no idea what they're talking about and have put zero thought into any of it. The way they think marijuana will be handled is just stupid.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

To not having a drug that impairs you on the market...

Didn't notice the sarcasm, because only bad things would come from making all drugs legal.

There's already a drug that is on the market that has impaired mankind worse than any other ......Alcohol.

Let me give you a little insight. I have spent years meeting with lobbyists. The alcohol lobby is virtually small, it's nowhere near the size of the Oil Lobby, The Pharma Lobby, the Gun Lobby or the Tobacco Lobby.

Why? Because politicians love free booze and Lobbyists provide more of it than any other group when dispensing Freebies.

At one time the Tobacco Lobby was the largest. Because of what smoking does to general health, standing and supporting the industry is Political Suicide. The Oil Lobby is going through the very same things that the Tobacco Lobby went through, and someday within probably 20 years (or less) it will be complete political suicide to back big oil.

As long as politicians love booze, be it free beer, free wine, free champagne, free whisky, rum, vodka, tequila, or gin, alcohol will have be in the happy place and continue to ruin lives and largely be ignored by the law makers.

Remember this: What is the best Beer in the World? Free Beer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

What I don't get is why so many people think "legal marijuana" means people will be allowed to smoke on the sidewalk or anywhere else in public for that matter. Just because cigarettes are smoked and are legal in (some) public areas and marijuana is also (mostly) smoked people think marijuana will be exactly the samde.

The people who think this, in my mind, have no idea what they're talking about and have put zero thought into any of it. The way they think marijuana will be handled is just stupid.

I don't understand it either. Something being legal doesn't mean it's a free for all. If kids are smoking it and walking around high then they are subject to any punishment that one would get if an underaged person was walking around drunk or drinking. Same will go for people of legal age walking around in public smoking.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

it will be easier to obtain, just like alcohol is. it will be abused, like anything else, and will eventually we will find out how bad it is for us.
    but I do agree a lot of adults can handle alcohol and it not become a health hazard or addiction, so I am sure they can handle smoking a little weed

and wickabee, it is hard to argue against the tax revenue aspects of it

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

it will be easier to obtain, just like alcohol is. it will be abused, like anything else, and will eventually we will find out how bad it is for us.
    but I do agree a lot of adults can handle alcohol and it not become a health hazard or addiction, so I am sure they can handle smoking a little weed

and wickabee, it is hard to argue against the tax revenue aspects of it

When I was in high school weed was easier to buy than alcohol. By far. Crap, it was easier to get than McDonald's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

and if it is legal there will be more of it to get

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

I just don't get how they are trying to get rid of cigarettes but keep promoting marijuana. Smoke is smoke.

Sure, marijuana is not as bad for you as cigarettes, but just imagine when it becomes legal and mass produced - They will use the same pesticides that they do on tobacco, and they will use the same fillers as well.

The marijuana you get now is home grown, not mass produced. As soon as people see the profit potential, it will be mass produced.

Keep it "illegal", but don't have such strict enforcement..

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

and if it is legal there will be more of it to get

This is a fallcay. How can it be more available when it's already available everywhere to anyone who wants it?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's funny I started a discussion on marijuana legalization. I wish I could find the thread, but if I remember correctly, gladdy is the only one against it in this thread who was also against it in the other one.

The old thread had no political parties mentioned, this one is about how marijuana legalization is "the left's" gift.
    I'm now seeing people who were for it when it wasn't a "left" thing arguing against it.

I think it's sad when people change their views based on what party they support. It's supposed to be the other way around, guys.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast