Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Last time I checked the consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is illegal in the United States. It is illegal for situations like this. A minor is not mature enought to handle alcohol. No one is saying that this girl deserved to be sexually abused or that the boys were in their right to do so but would we even be having this discussion if she would have said no to alcohol in the first place?
    Making one bad decision in life (getting inebriated at a party) does not make you responsible for EVERYTHING that can possibly happen to you. Sure if she hadn't been drinking she may have not ended up in this situation. Even better, if these guys (or anyone present at the party) had any morals whatsoever, this wouldn't have happened. But let's make a ridiculous statement that the VICTIM should pay for her attackers crime. Next you are going to tell me that "if that jogger in the park had worn less tight clothing or had a running partner, she wouldn't have been raped". Get real!!
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  2. #32


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,378
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Making one bad decision in life (getting inebriated at a party) does not make you responsible for EVERYTHING that can possibly happen to you. Sure if she hadn't been drinking she may have not ended up in this situation. Even better, if these guys (or anyone present at the party) had any morals whatsoever, this wouldn't have happened. But let's make a ridiculous statement that the VICTIM should pay for her attackers crime. Next you are going to tell me that "if that jogger in the park had worn less tight clothing or had a running partner, she wouldn't have been raped". Get real!!
    We're talking to guy who thinks single mothers should have kept their legs closed but deadbeat dads shouldnt be held responsible.
    We're talking to a guy who believes rape victims should be punished.
    We're talking to a guy who claims to be for equality and women's rights.
    We're talking to a hypocrite who hates women.

    In short, I'm thinking there's no point.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Obviously she does not have the means to pay for the trial but she needs to be taught a lesson about making responsible choices. I don't see what's wrong with making her take some type of drug/alcohol course because a crime was committed partly because of her underaged drinking.
    SHE GOT RAPED. Good lord, are you being serious right now?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  4. #34
    Veggie I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she should not have been drinking, but that's not the point.

    She was raped.....it does not matter if she was somewhere she didn't belong or if she was drinking.

    No innocent person deserves to be raped under any condition.

    It is one of the worst things that anyone can experience, and I have very little sympathy for the guilty party.....

    BTW....did anyone see how CNN handled this verdict.....they got criticized very heavily for it:

    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  5. #35
    Let's not forget what these guys did to this girl...



    ^These guys thought they were above the law....they thought that just because they were football players they could do whatever they wanted.

    Again....I don't have a lot of sympathy for them....if their lives are ruined, that's too bad.
    Logic and Reason is all you need.

  6. #36


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,378
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Veggie I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she should not have been drinking, but that's not the point.

    She was raped.....it does not matter if she was somewhere she didn't belong or if she was drinking.

    No innocent person deserves to be raped under any condition.

    It is one of the worst things that anyone can experience, and I have very little sympathy for the guilty party.....

    BTW....did anyone see how CNN handled this verdict.....they got criticized very heavily for it:

    I think the most telling part of the video is what she tells the guy said when his sentence was handed down:
    "My life is over. No one will want me now."

    Even right before his "apology" he was still only worried about his football career. That's not remorse and those aren't real tears.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  7. #37
    might be real tears because he feels sorry for himself, but not because of what he did
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    might be real tears because he feels sorry for himself, but not because of what he did
    I agree, I think he's upset not about what he did, but the consequences that he now faces.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

  9. #39


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,378
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    might be real tears because he feels sorry for himself, but not because of what he did
    Well yeah, just like the actor thinking of his dead dog during an emotional scene is crying "real tears".
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  10. #40

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •