Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Last time I checked the consumption of alcohol by anyone under the age of 21 is illegal in the United States. It is illegal for situations like this. A minor is not mature enought to handle alcohol. No one is saying that this girl deserved to be sexually abused or that the boys were in their right to do so but would we even be having this discussion if she would have said no to alcohol in the first place?

Making one bad decision in life (getting inebriated at a party) does not make you responsible for EVERYTHING that can possibly happen to you. Sure if she hadn't been drinking she may have not ended up in this situation. Even better, if these guys (or anyone present at the party) had any morals whatsoever, this wouldn't have happened. But let's make a ridiculous statement that the VICTIM should pay for her attackers crime. Next you are going to tell me that "if that jogger in the park had worn less tight clothing or had a running partner, she wouldn't have been raped". Get real!!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Making one bad decision in life (getting inebriated at a party) does not make you responsible for EVERYTHING that can possibly happen to you. Sure if she hadn't been drinking she may have not ended up in this situation. Even better, if these guys (or anyone present at the party) had any morals whatsoever, this wouldn't have happened. But let's make a ridiculous statement that the VICTIM should pay for her attackers crime. Next you are going to tell me that "if that jogger in the park had worn less tight clothing or had a running partner, she wouldn't have been raped". Get real!!

We're talking to guy who thinks single mothers should have kept their legs closed but deadbeat dads shouldnt be held responsible.
    We're talking to a guy who believes rape victims should be punished.
    We're talking to a guy who claims to be for equality and women's rights.
    We're talking to a hypocrite who hates women.

In short, I'm thinking there's no point.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Obviously she does not have the means to pay for the trial but she needs to be taught a lesson about making responsible choices. I don't see what's wrong with making her take some type of drug/alcohol course because a crime was committed partly because of her underaged drinking.

SHE GOT RAPED. Good lord, are you being serious right now?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Veggie I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she should not have been drinking, but that's not the point.

She was raped.....it does not matter if she was somewhere she didn't belong or if she was drinking.

No innocent person deserves to be raped under any condition.

It is one of the worst things that anyone can experience, and I have very little sympathy for the guilty party.....

BTW....did anyone see how CNN handled this verdict.....they got criticized very heavily for it:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Let's not forget what these guys did to this girl...

^These guys thought they were above the law....they thought that just because they were football players they could do whatever they wanted.

Again....I don't have a lot of sympathy for them....if their lives are ruined, that's too bad.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Veggie I understand what you're saying, and I agree that she should not have been drinking, but that's not the point.

She was raped.....it does not matter if she was somewhere she didn't belong or if she was drinking.

No innocent person deserves to be raped under any condition.

It is one of the worst things that anyone can experience, and I have very little sympathy for the guilty party.....

BTW....did anyone see how CNN handled this verdict.....they got criticized very heavily for it:

I think the most telling part of the video is what she tells the guy said when his sentence was handed down:
    "My life is over. No one will want me now."

Even right before his "apology" he was still only worried about his football career. That's not remorse and those aren't real tears.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

might be real tears because he feels sorry for himself, but not because of what he did

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

might be real tears because he feels sorry for himself, but not because of what he did

I agree, I think he's upset not about what he did, but the consequences that he now faces.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well yeah, just like the actor thinking of his dead dog during an emotional scene is crying "real tears".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Teen girls deny threats placed on house arrest.

http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/teen-...-arrest/nW5cS/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234