Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question What is your oldest basketball game used card?

What is the oldest basketball game used card that you have? Both in terms of the oldest game used card in terms of production and game used card of the earliest vintage player?

(If it isn't clear the late 90s should be the earliest game used card you can have for the year but they have made cards of players from the 1950s and earlier so that would be the earliest vintage player)
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

I have a few Garnett GU from 1999-00 - still hoping to find the earlier ones someday, but right now, they are a bit out of my price range.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (38)
    Country

I remember Auto's from the early 90's, but when did they start inserting G/U into packs??

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kgarnett215's Items on eBay

I believe the first authentic GU were in 1997-98.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What is the oldest basketball game used card that you have? Both in terms of the oldest game used card in terms of production and game used card of the earliest vintage player?

(If it isn't clear the late 90s should be the earliest game used card you can have for the year but they have made cards of players from the 1950s and earlier so that would be the earliest vintage player)

My oldest would be this Quad tag card. Chamberlain Sadena tag dates back to the 1950's:

And First Game Worn Jersey card 97-98:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

If we are counting game used basketballs, then 1997 Collector's Edge Game Ball (Antoine Walker). If just jerseys, then 2000-01 Black Diamond Game Gear (Antoine Walker). No vintage GUs.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Minnesota Vikings Utah Jazz
    See starburyfan662's Items on eBay

My oldest card wise, 1997 Edge Game Ball, and for a Jersey, 98-99 Upper Deck:

My oldest player wise, Isiah Thomas:

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember Auto's from the early 90's, but when did they start inserting G/U into packs??

For basketball it was 1997. It varies in other sports though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This would be my oldest. It is from 2001 and is a game used basketball that the player touched with his hand dipped in paint.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

i've got at 1997/98Upper Deck Game Jersey...Toni Kukoc...it's one of my favorite cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast