Best way to make money doing this on the side?

I have long been a collector, have always loved cards, always will.
    Now I am wanting to get a little more serious about it, and want to start ripping and selling. I now have the liquid capital on hand to do so, so why not make a little side business out of what I love?

Anyone willing to PM me and get me in the right direction as far as best ways to buy and sell, I will give some VERY nice cards to. Make it completely worth your while.

Greetings:
    PM SENT!!!
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Jump in your Delorean, go back to the year 2009, and buy up every Mike Trout Bowman Chrome auto you can find. Travel back to 2013, list them on Ebay...profit.

I wish you luck, JEguitars. A lot of people have tried to make money from selling cards. The hobby, and the sport itself, are so fickle. It's difficult to make a profit, even with a substantial amount of cash to invest.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.

Ripping & selling is pretty much guaranteed to NOT make money. 90% of boxes won't even make a 30% return on investment (i.e. a $100 box of cards, you would be LUCKY to make $30 back on it) This is why hobby shops don't open their own boxes to sell singles. The only ways to make money in the hobby is to:

1) Open a hobby shop and sell boxes/cases
    2) Buy large lots of cards at a discount and sell them individually (very time consuming and not always enough room to make a profit)
    3) Prospect - buy tons of cheap mid-end prospects and hope that 5 years down the road they make it big (risky and no immediate results)
    Hidden Content - PC/FT/FSHidden Content - PLEASE SUBSCRIBE (I SUB BACK!!!)

And I think we can close the thread now...

Quote Originally Posted by joeylion View Post
    Ripping & selling is pretty much guaranteed to NOT make money. 90% of boxes won't even make a 30% return on investment (i.e. a $100 box of cards, you would be LUCKY to make $30 back on it) This is why hobby shops don't open their own boxes to sell singles. The only ways to make money in the hobby is to:

1) Open a hobby shop and sell boxes/cases
    2) Buy large lots of cards at a discount and sell them individually (very time consuming and not always enough room to make a profit)
    3) Prospect - buy tons of cheap mid-end prospects and hope that 5 years down the road they make it big (risky and no immediate results)

Agreed. Collecting for personal enjoyment is really the only way to go.
    Looking for 2012 National Treasures on card silver (/99) rated rookie autos, 2006 SP Legendary Cuts inserts/numbered base and most Mets auto/GU.
    Also looking for Celtics Autos/GU and 2012 Totally Certified Gold
    Hidden Content