Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

yuo sound like he muslims who refuse to allow children to have vaccines because it is an evil american plot to sterilize them and even killed the head of the vaccine program.

everything is not about race

and why isn't anyone doing anything about the prison population? at least that is a real race issue

Actually the problem with prisons being dis-proportionately filled with minorities is more of a socio-economic problem, not a race problem.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Double standard? I don't lean one way or the other on this topic, but there's a MASSIVE difference between a situation where people that hate America hijack planes and run them into buildings compared to trying to achieve freedom (well, more freedom than they've had, at least) for another country.

Do I agree with the war in Iraq? Absolutely not, but I don't see a double standard at all.

There's no difference. Iraq did not attack America. America simply decided to attack for no real reason. To my mind, that's no different then flying planes into buildings for what's the right.

After all, on both sides, everyone believes they're fighting for right.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

There's no difference. Iraq did not attack America. America simply decided to attack for no real reason. To my mind, that's no different then flying planes into buildings for what's the right.

After all, on both sides, everyone believes they're fighting for right.

The goal of the US (although I am perfectly willing to say I don't know why it had to be the US and why it had to be the business of the US) was to get Iraq into more of a democracy, they now have that, no?

You tell me what the goal was by hijacking planes and destroying the Twin Towers, among other destinations?
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HK (104)
    Country
    See greentanker's Items on eBay

am i the only one on this site who was there when it first started?
    i was in A CO 3/69 armor..we were the first into iraq and the first to baghdad..
    i remember every moment of the war and will never forget any of it
    been there a total of 3 deployments and one in afghanistan

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

The goal of the US (although I am perfectly willing to say I don't know why it had to be the US and why it had to be the business of the US) was to get Iraq into more of a democracy, they now have that, no?

You tell me what the goal was by hijacking planes and destroying the Twin Towers, among other destinations?

They believed they were fighting for right, just as you think you are. Whether you and I understand it is irrelevant.
    And you overthrew a dictator. Good for you. Why? And who is the US to spread political ideology across borders. Iraq was completely out of line. Whether some good came of it or not is not the issue. It should never have happened and the US had no right to do it.

Just like the 9/11 terrorists.

SCF Rewards
    Country

there's a MASSIVE difference between a situation where people that hate America hijack planes and run them into buildings compared to trying to achieve freedom (well, more freedom than they've had, at least) for another country.

Do I agree with the war in Iraq? Absolutely not, but I don't see a double standard at all.

Except Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11...

Hussein also had nothing to do with 9/11...

As bad a human being as he was, the U.S does NOT have the right to go into a country and take him out.

It is NOT our problem.

At the very least they should've formed a REAL Coalition of nations and tried to do REAL diplomacy instead of going in there like a bunch of cowboys from a Wild West movie.

This is the BIGGEST problem with this country in terms of military.

They believe they are the "world police"....what they say goes.

They decide who's evil, who's good, who lives and who dies.

It's sickening.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

They believed they were fighting for right, just as you think you are. Whether you and I understand it is irrelevant.
    And you overthrew a dictator. Good for you. Why? And who is the US to spread political ideology across borders. Iraq was completely out of line. Whether some good came of it or not is not the issue. It should never have happened and the US had no right to do it.

Just like the 9/11 terrorists.

Didn't say I understood the rationale, but you're gonna have a ton of trouble trying to convince me people who hated American hijacking planes into buildings is the same as a war that ended up being beneficial to the citizens of Iraq (and no, it's not saying War is a good thing, or that the US should've gone there).

Except Iraq had NOTHING to do with 9/11...

Hussein also had nothing to do with 9/11...

As bad a human being as he was, the U.S does NOT have the right to go into a country and take him out.

It is NOT our problem.

At the very least they should've formed a REAL Coalition of nations and tried to do REAL diplomacy instead of going in there like a bunch of cowboys from a Wild West movie.

This is the BIGGEST problem with this country in terms of military.

They believe they are the "world police"....what they say goes.

They decide who's evil, who's good, who lives and who dies.

It's sickening.

Never said one was the result of the other, was just making the comparison that one isn't like the other.

You know what's sickening to me though? Comparing 9-11 to the war in Iraq.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Didn't say I understood the rationale, but you're gonna have a ton of trouble trying to convince me people who hated American hijacking planes into buildings is the same as a war that ended up being beneficial to the citizens of Iraq (and no, it's not saying War is a good thing, or that the US should've gone there).

I never once said it was the same. I said both were unnecessary and neither attacker actually had the right to do what they did.

Never said one was the result of the other, was just making the comparison that one isn't like the other.

You know what's sickening to me though? Comparing 9-11 to the war in Iraq.

What sickens me is that someone can be so nationalistic they don't see that both were invasions that never should have happened and which the purpetrators had no right to.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

am i the only one on this site who was there when it first started?
    i was in A CO 3/69 armor..we were the first into iraq and the first to baghdad..
    i remember every moment of the war and will never forget any of it
    been there a total of 3 deployments and one in afghanistan

Thank you for your service

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123