Finally going to organize my collection.. Little help?!

In the last 2 months or so since I have returned to the hobby, I have been ripping packs left and right and they are all over my office, in binders, just all over.. I want to organize them better.

What does everyone think is the best system to organize their cards? What program do you use (Excel, Inventory here, Elsewhere...) My personal collection right now is focussed on 2010,2012,2013 Heritage Refractors & Black Refractors. What does everyone use as tradebait (Maybe I haven't had too many hits to even have decent trade cards except for the few I may have and some hot RC's)
    *Trades can take several days to be shipped out! Understand Life > Cards*
    When I trade Auto's for Base/Inserts Use Common Sense! Please stay with me on Planet Earth
    Collecting the following: * Die-Cut Inserts (2010-Present) * And other set needs
    My Bucket - Hidden Content

RJK214, I think the inventory manager here is great. It's one heck of a program and you can export all your data to be saved offline and imports very nicely into Excel. And of course you can just use Excel and enter columns like year, make, name, card #, condition, etc.......

I also think the Inventory Manager here is phenomenal.

I do like it, The only dislike is the 15 minute lag I have been waiting on now...
    *Trades can take several days to be shipped out! Understand Life > Cards*
    When I trade Auto's for Base/Inserts Use Common Sense! Please stay with me on Planet Earth
    Collecting the following: * Die-Cut Inserts (2010-Present) * And other set needs
    My Bucket - Hidden Content

I'll be doing an inventory in Excel, which will be used for insurance purposes. Each card will be scanned, and uploaded to my website. I'll then link the scan to the spreadsheet.
    Collecting pre-war, vintage and modern baseball cards.
    Currently working on the T206 set, 1975 Topps, master collections of Roberto Clemente and Robin Yount.