2013 Topps Heritage

2013 Topps Heritage

Per Box Items:
    24 packs per box
    9 cards per pack
    one autograph or relic per box

The 2013 Topps Heritage set features today's stars in the 1964 Topps design. The standard sized cards feature a color head or posed shot of the player. Bordered in white, the cards list the team name on the top of the card. The player's name and position are on the bottom graphic. In most of the pictures and poses, the players are not looking at the camera. The card backs are photo-less and have a two tone orange and cream color to them again in the 1964 design. The backs list moderate biographical information, complete career statistics, brief career highlights, a trivia questions and spot for an autograph.

What I pulled:
    215 cards + one box topper
    201 base set cards
    8 duplicates
    11 inserets
    2 Heritage Chrome
    1 'Real One Autograph'

Base card front and back:

The inserts: (not all scanned)
    Memorable Moments: Trout, Miguel Caberera
    New Age Performers: Cespedes, Kershaw, Granderson
    Flashback: Robinson, Jeopardy!, Yaz, World Fair
    Then and Now: Aparicio/Trout, Mathews/Dunn
    Heritage Chrome #/999: Scherzer, Jones

Box Topper:

The Hit:
    Tom Brown autograph

************************************************** *******************************************

Personally, I have never been a big fan of throwback style and designed cards. 2013 Topps Heritage really is not that bad though. the first thing I noticed was that in most of the pictures the players are not looking directly at the camera. This is typical for the design however. Manager, league leaders and World Series highlights cards are sprinkled throughout the base set. The inserts are pretty cool and should provide some fun in chasing. The autograph is 'on-card' and looks good. the Heritage Chrome cards are real sharp. This is the first Topps product that I have received in a long time that has this many duplicates. Obviously no duplicates and a few less inserts would get us that much closer to a complete set.

The Bottom Line:
    I give 2013 Topps Heritage a buy rating. You will need at least two boxes plus some light trading to complete the base set. Shop around for the best price on your boxes!

The Final Score:
    Final Ratings (Out of 10):
    Base set collect-ability: 4/10
    Big-hit Hunter: 8/10
    Prospector Hunter: 9/10
    Value: 9/10
    Overall Quality: 9/10

Overall: 39/50 (78% = C)
    the biggest reason being that you will need 2+ boxes to complete the base set

Topps sent me this box to review for Full Spectrum Baseball. As always I am offering base and insert cards to members here for a SASE.

Thanks to Topps for making this review possible!
    Rickey Henderson stats. 1753/5479 = 32% 158 GU, 4 Auto
    Sean Casey stats. 1068/2633 = 41% 119 GU, 52 AutoHidden Content

What program do you use to be able to get that information, like duplicates and everything or % of base complete or do you calculate it all yourself?
    During the months March-October, Trades can take up to 10 days to be sent out as I have a job that rarely allows me free time while the sun is up!! Although I normally try to ship within 3-4 days...
    Collecting the following: *2010-2013 Heritage SP's, Chromes, Chrome Refractors * Derek Jeter * Joey Votto * Mike Trout * Buster Posey * Stephen Strasburg

Calculate it all myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jordanrulz View Post
    can use both trouts.pwe.lmk
    Sorry, someone else requested them about an hour before you via PM.

Do you still have the Cespedes? Any Manny Machado or Orioles for a SASE. Very nice review. I love the look of Heritage this year!
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

yea I bought 2 boxes and only have about 300 base cards after duplicates.... Once I get my blaster box into the mix I am going to see if you have any of the base I still need if they are available next week still

Quote Originally Posted by MCXC1987 View Post
    Do you still have the Cespedes? Any Manny Machado or Orioles for a SASE. Very nice review. I love the look of Heritage this year!
    PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by stojanowski View Post
    yea I bought 2 boxes and only have about 300 base cards after duplicates.... Once I get my blaster box into the mix I am going to see if you have any of the base I still need if they are available next week still
    Please let me know the card numbers that you need.