Why do people say drug and smoke free trading and cards?

I don't smoke or anything. Why do people say this? Does smoke affect the cards? How does it?
    Hidden Content in progress. I collect OKC. Current and former players have be in current uniform unless the attribute of rookie. I also collect former Oklahoma players, Kyrie Irving, Blake Griffin, Dikembe Motumbo, and Reggie Miller. Always looking to trade up regardless if it's a PC card. I usually ship within the next 3 week days. Want HOFer Autos.

If a person smokes and deals with their cards..u can smell it on them and the toploads..i got a medium rate box a few weeks ago, smelled horrible
    NO MORE INTERNATIONAL TRADING!
    BASEBALL: Hidden Content
    BASKETBALL: Hidden Content
    FB TRADELIST: Hidden Content !!!!
    MY WANTLIST!! Hidden Content

Smoking yellows cardboard borders as well - sometimes I've gotten cards with originally white borders that drastically changed color. My parents used to smoke years ago, and it's amazing how yellow everything turned - books, cards, paper, etc.
    Collecting Acie Law, Adam Morrison, Anthony Tolliver, Antoine Walker, and OKC Thunder (name/uni on card). Have lists: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; and Hidden Content .
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Have a great basketball collection? See criteria for our Hidden Content
    Keep count of a player, team, or set? See our sticky threads in Hidden Content

Cards from smokers STINK and if they spend enough time with them they will get damaged (ie stained) so I'm guessing the people highlight this fact because it is a positive and saves people from answering that question if people ask them by having it in their signature.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Yep, I'm a smoker myself but I only smoke outside my house and if I'm about to touch cards (open a box etc...) I always wash my hands before hand.
    Looking for 2012 National Treasures on card silver (/99) rated rookie autos, 2006 SP Legendary Cuts inserts/numbered base and most Mets auto/GU.
    Also looking for Celtics Autos/GU and 2012 Totally Certified Gold
    Hidden Content

Don't know if you're at all familiar with the Allen & Ginter sets, but they are a good example of what can happen to cards that are exposed to smoke. The backs, especially the 2010s, are a great white color, but one lot I got in from a guy who smoked (didn't know it at the time), the backs were all a pale tan, and you could definitely smell the smoke on them too
    Collector of:
    Twins, Chris Herrmann, Jason Tyner, Jim Thome, sets
    Wild, North Stars, Jason Zucker
    Hidden Content
    Offering a finders fee for the 2013 Prizm Finite Chris Herrmann 1/1!

I put non smoking home on my listings...i have received cards that smell and the top loaders have a smoke film on them....

I can't deal with smoking.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yup, cards in top loaders that smell like smoke sucks big time. All it takes is one card to smell like smoke to make a whole collection smell like crap.
    LOOKING FOR ARIANNY CELESTE, LEBRON/KOBE REFRACTORS/XFRACTORS.
    ALSO LOOKING FOR 07-08 SP GAME USED ALL STAR PATCHES OF DAMON JONES /50 AND CARLOS BOOZER /50