Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

WOW...so much regulation!

BTW...I also want a tank, and any other of the latest military weaponry available....I want all of it!

My rights shall NOT be infringed.

I want to be able to have all these weapons in my house because I'm scared that evil, nazi, African, baby-eating, gay loving, communist is going to turn into a dictator any day now and I want to be ready.

I have the right to any and ALL arms that the military has.

And I will raise hell if I don't get them.

I say, why not? There's plenty of folks near me that own tanks. Mostly for war reenactments

SCF Rewards
    Country

No....I want a tank to defend myself.

If I see any punk kids near my house, I'm not even going to ask any questions, I'm going to shoot!

Anyone that looks suspicious to me will also get shot.....and since I live in Florida I'm going to say I was standing my ground.

Hell, why not?

This is the country I live in now....it's kill or be killed!

I might as well go along with it.

Set up a perimeter around my house, rig it with all types of explosives and traps.

I mean, it's totally possible that our Muslim President my start turning this country into the next Nazi paradise.....it's clear that my only ally is people like the NRA.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

No....I want a tank to defend myself.

If I see any punk kids near my house, I'm not even going to ask any questions, I'm going to shoot!

Anyone that looks suspicious to me will also get shot.....and since I live in Florida I'm going to say I was standing my ground.

Hell, why not?

This is the country I live in now....it's kill or be killed!

I might as well go along with it.

Set up a perimeter around my house, rig it with all types of explosives and traps.

I mean, it's totally possible that our Muslim President my start turning this country into the next Nazi paradise.....it's clear that my only ally is people like the NRA.

Lol

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

so people who commit suicide are crazy gunman?

tell that to all the parents, no point to prove, you already proved it.

but here are some useless facts;

4 kids every day die of suicide and half of those do it with a gun and a single bullet, and 90% of them have a mental illness.
    how many die of a mad gunman?
    school shootings result in homicides are 1% of teen deaths
    75% of teen homicides are gang related,

http://www.healthychildren.org/Engli...No+local+token

nearly 60% of adult suicides are committed by a gun, guess how many bullets they need?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/ideas/201...fZJ/story.html

so the "innocent people" don't even make up 40% of those who die by guns and considering the large amount related to gang violence, drugs, and criminals, that number could easily be adjusted to 25%.

are these people important, you know they are
    but they are no more important than those who die by suicide, by the result of mental illness and the lack of resources, stigma, support and understanding from people like yourself.

and by the way,
    I am sure this 13 year olds father appreciates you calling his son a crazed gunman and not one of the "innocent people"

http://southeast.patch.com/articles/...-gunshot-wound

thank about it, 2 of these every day, and that does not include adults, and the stats on older adults (65 and over) are staggering and most have mental illness' and depression. but they don't count as innocent people?

but we will keep worrying about those more than 10 bullet magazines and ignore the rest of this,
    seems to be a theme lately

Jay, we all understand that MOST gun violence doesn't involve large magazines but that isn't the point. It is the large magazines that are terrorizing the country. Explain to me again why anyone should be allowed to possess one. And for the record, anyone that kills themselves is crazy.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

MOST gun violence doesn't involve large magazines but that isn't the point. It is the large magazines that are terrorizing the country.

no gun violence, gun related homicides, and gun related deaths are the issue, people should fear a hand gun as much as they do an assault rifle, both will kill, and it is easier to conceal a hand gun.

to be honest I could care less about the magazine rule or even a ban on assault rifles, no problem with me if it passes. but again we are focused on the 1% rather than the real problem, but I do understand our media rarely addresses the real gun issues here.

And for the record, anyone that kills themselves is crazy

this only further proves my point

but they are no more important than those who die by suicide, by the result of mental illness and the lack of resources, stigma, support and understanding from people like yourself.

I am sure those 2 teens that will kill themselves today with a gun are "crazy"

it is this stigma that keeps them from getting the help they need, good job calling kids that need help crazy. this just further shows your lack of knowledge with mental illness and depression

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

To prove your point you have to have one first. Those two kids that will kill themselves today are "crazy" in that moment of time. In other words they will experience a mental breakdown that drives them to the point of committing an insane act of violence against themselves. So to be clear, I am not calling the kids that need help crazy. I am stating that the ones that commit the ultimate act are insane (in some fashion) at the time they do it. I have a mother that has been legally insane for about 6 years now. You have no idea what I know about mental illness. I have been living it everyday for approx. 10 years.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

hopefully she is getting the help and support she needs and I am sure you are taking care of her the best you can. my best friend took his own life and my daughter was cutter when she was young, I know how it is and it is hard.

I am stating that the ones that commit the ultimate act are insane (in some fashion) at the time they do it.

I can agree with this but I cannot agree they are less important, and the fact there are more of them, their importance should be higher on the list than the 1%

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Jay, an issue like gun violence has to be taken in steps. You're against step one because it doesn't solve everything at once.
    The problem is, without step one, you're never going to be able to help anyone, let alone everyone.

You're being short sighted and (I fear) more political on this issue than anything.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

hopefully she is getting the help and support she needs and I am sure you are taking care of her the best you can. my best friend took his own life and my daughter was cutter when she was young, I know how it is and it is hard.

I can agree with this but I cannot agree they are less important, and the fact there are more of them, their importance should be higher on the list than the 1%

It wasn't my intention to imply they are less important.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So, are the neo-cons still going to say that Obama is King because he always gets his ways?

Actually this was Diane Feinstein's bill, so it wasn't about Obama getting his way or not getting his way. I am sure that if this is Obama's bill it would go through.

This country has a terrible "culture of guns"....they refuse to accept it or even acknowledge it, and 10,000+ people will continue to die per year in this country as a result of gun violence.

You are right, there is a culture of guns. However, where you fail to give credence is that the vast majority of those gun deaths will not be committed by law abiding citizens that legally own guns. So passing laws that restrict those law abiding citizens and their legally owned guns will accomplish virtually nothing.

Oh well....who cares....the GOP doesn't care, congress doesn't care, neither do I.

You forgot the liberals. They are the ones who called it "political suicide" to leave the Feinstein bill in and agreed to remove it rather than fight for it. The liberals don't care either.

Nothing stupid about banning larger magazines and making background checks required on ALL purchases.

The Feinstein ban being removed doesn't remove the background check on all firearm purchases. I have no issue with background checks on all firearm sales, but it is silly to think that gangbangers and drug dealers will be submitting to background checks.

Banning larger magazines doesn't really accomplish much since it does nothing to limit the ownership or sale of already purchased large magazines. Go on any gun sales website and try to find a magazine over 10 rounds. You won't, they are all sold out. With the pending ban every magazine over 10 rounds that was available on the market has been bought up.

Jay, we all understand that MOST gun violence doesn't involve large magazines but that isn't the point. It is the large magazines that are terrorizing the country. Explain to me again why anyone should be allowed to possess one. And for the record, anyone that kills themselves is crazy.

I get your point, but magazines don't terrorize anything, people do. And what scares you more? A guy with a gun with 10 rounds or a guy with a gun with 15 rounds? Either way, you are dead. The big picture is being missed by most people. The focus should be keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill people. Banning guns and magazines from people who never commit crimes is pointless.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast