Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 95
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by JustAlex View Post
    Law abiding citizens?!??

    Were any of those madmen (Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, Newtown) criminals before they did what they did?

    NO!

    They were "Law abiding citizens".....with VERY EASY access to guns.
    The Columbine shooters were investigated for possession of explosives and had plead guilty to felony theft for a robbery they committed. They were not law abiding citizens. Furthermore, they broke several Federal laws by purchasing handguns while under 21 years of age, sawing off the barrels of their shotguns and building nearly 100 bombs. I repeat, they were not law abiding citizens.

    The Virginia Tech shooter was charged with stalking two women and was subsequently declared mentally ill by a Virginia court and ordered to get treatment. He was not a law abiding citizen.

    The Newtown shooter and Aurora shooters did not have criminal records, but they did have histories of mental illness and were under some sort of treatment as were the VT shooter and Eric Harris (Columbine). What you have done is point out what I and many others have said. There is a substantial need for a firearms background check database that includes registration of people who have been diagnosed as severely clinically depressed, schizophrenic, bipolar, anti-social personality disorder, narcissistic personality disorder, and it appears that autism probably should be added too.

    If it is logical to take away guns because people with guns pose a safety risk to society then it is logical to take away the right to privacy of those people whose disorders result in them posing a safety risk to society.

    Quote Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
    By Whom? You don't listen well, and neither do your ilk. Nobody wants to take guns away. How many times do you have to be told. How thick is the Neo-Con skull? It's appearing to be made out of concrete.
    You didn't read very well either. He didn't say that people thought their guns were going to be taken away, he said they thought their right to purchase them was going to be taken away. You seem to be fairly intelligent so I am sure you can grasp the concept that banning a gun IS taking away the right to purchase it.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  2. #42
    Duane you can reconcile this anyway you want. Fact is if the Brushmaster .223 had not been available to him or the oversize clips were not available Newton most likely would not have happened or had been as bad. This shouldnt be a Conservative or liberal thing, as you wish to push it. It should be a HUMAN thing! Congress, both Democrats and Republicans alike have blood on their hands this time. In Washington, they are more worried about being elected then doing the right thing. Plain and simple, the blood of those 20 children, as well as the other murders and deaths since are now squarely upon their hands. At least a few states will make a few tougher laws. I am so glad I live in a state where the concern for the public welfare and doing the right thing is ahead of the doing back room deals and taking blood money.
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  3. #43


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,379
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Duane, who is going to take the right to purchase guns away? Right now, gun shops aren't even required to keep proper inventory. How do you go from absolutely no oversight to outright ban on this in one move? It will never happen.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  4. #44
    Fact is if the Brushmaster .223 had not been available to him or the oversize clips were not available Newton most likely would not have happened or had been as bad.
    the glock 10mm and P226 could have discharged 30 rounds just as fast, if not faster, so this is not a fact.

    Lanza changed magazines frequently as he fired his way through the first-grade classrooms of Lauren Rousseau and Victoria Soto, sometimes shooting as few as 15 shots from a 30-round magazine, sources said.
    This shouldnt be a Conservative or liberal thing, as you wish to push it. It should be a HUMAN thing
    agreed
    Last edited by shrewsbury; 03-22-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: messed it up bad
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  5. #45
    Jay you are wrong...i am taking from the exact facts of the newton case...you are trying to be subjective and your findings are incorrect.


    However, What will it? What will it take to regulate these type of weapons? 20 children dead did not do it...12 dead and 58 wounded did not do it...So what will it take? What number is too great? 100? 200? 500?

    Again I am a firm support of the 2nd amendment. However NOT ONE person has proven to me the need A for Brushmaster or any style of an AR15 to defend them self or home.
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan197



    8;12599992




    Nice to see the deceased used as a propaganda tool now...

  7. #47


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,379
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    Nice to see the deceased used as a propaganda tool now...
    I was thinking the same thing. No different from the Republicans using the families of those killed as campaign signs and tossing them aside the day after the election.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    Nice to see the deceased used as a propaganda tool now...
    this is nothing new....reference every major large scale tragedy since World War II....this is just he American Way...be sad for a week, and then play on the heart strings to gain attention and profit

    and in all of the cases of mass gun violence being used in this post, regardless of the prior criminality of the perpetrators, they obtained the guns COMPLETELY ILLEGALY, either by stealing them, buying them on the black market, or taking them from their parents gun "safe", which proves my theory that there is no amount of regulation that is going to stop this idiocy, if guns are available, people will use them for ill intent. How to stop this? Eliminate the tool - which is a gun. it is very cut and dried.

    Anyone who believes any different also has blood on their hands as well. The 2nd amendment has been twisted and raped to mean something completely different than the original intent. Time to change it...
    Hidden Content <- my wants
    most anything I have more than 1 of in my SCF inventory is FT...PM me for info
    Always looking to add to these team collections: Toronto Maple Leafs; Pittsburgh Steelers; Cincinnati Reds; Notre Dame; Team Sweden Hockey

  9. #49
    [QUOTE]Jay you are wrong...i am taking from the exact facts of the newton case...you are trying to be subjective and your findings are incorrect.[QUOTE]

    mine was a quote from the local sheriffs office, but it is the internet so it could be wrong, what source are you using?

    Again I am a firm support of the 2nd amendment. However NOT ONE person has proven to me the need A for Brushmaster or any style of an AR15 to defend them self or home.
    agreed, but people use it for recreation. I don't own one, but know a few people who do that are hard working law abiding citizens.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by xpucksx View Post
    this is nothing new....reference every major large scale tragedy since World War II....this is just he American Way...be sad for a week, and then play on the heart strings to gain attention and profit

    and in all of the cases of mass gun violence being used in this post, regardless of the prior criminality of the perpetrators, they obtained the guns COMPLETELY ILLEGALY, either by stealing them, buying them on the black market, or taking them from their parents gun "safe", which proves my theory that there is no amount of regulation that is going to stop this idiocy, if guns are available, people will use them for ill intent. How to stop this? Eliminate the tool - which is a gun. it is very cut and dried.

    Anyone who believes any different also has blood on their hands as well. The 2nd amendment has been twisted and raped to mean something completely different than the original intent. Time to change it...

    “They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
    Ben Franklin
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •