Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming QBs

Upcoming QBs

Hello all,
    So I am looking for a couple new QBs to invest in. I am looking for under the radar type guys. So for example I had invested in several Ryan Mallett, Colin Kaepernick, etc. Kaepernick paid off big, but it looks like Mallett is gonna be a bust....any back up QBs, low value rookie QBs out there anyone is looking to talk about potential wise??
    I collect HOFs, 49rs, and hot rookies.

My Bucket: Hidden Content

Keep buying Kap. Also, from what I see, Wilson is still going lower than what he can output. Wilson, in my opinion, has all the tools to win a superbowl. Also, Kirk Cousins is a great long-term investment. He's cheap, and he's already proven he can win games by himself.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Kellen Moore. JK

I would consider Osweiler, might turn out to be one of those Favre/Rodgers situations.

(Off topic question)
    Whats wrong with the hobby today everyone wants to "invest" in players that are going to hit it big. What happened to investing in a guy you liked?
    Kellen Moore Super-Collector!!!!
    Moore PC: Hidden Content
    Moore Need List: Hidden Content
    Buying/Selling: If Im the seller I will post, If your the seller I would appreciate if you post. Just my preference. Thanks

good luck. This isn't an investment hobby. Its all by chance. I say buy in on several young qbs and odds are one will make it. The one that does should make up for any loss. Truth be told if anyone really knew the sure answer to this question they wouldn't tell you. Don't heavily invest in anyone unproven unless its a pc guy.
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    Kellen Moore. JK

I would consider Osweiler, might turn out to be one of those Favre/Rodgers situations.

(Off topic question)
    Whats wrong with the hobby today everyone wants to "invest" in players that are going to hit it big. What happened to investing in a guy you liked?
    its not a hobby for them. Its just about making fast easy money. I don't invest I collect. If my collection multiplies in value due to the player breaking out then great. The way I see it it really sucks cause his stuff will be too expensive anyway. Collecting isn't about money. Real investing should be in Brady or manning. Their stuff won't go down much if at all. Investing is protecting money in something with the hopes it might one day increase a little. This is long term gambling.

Honestly, I think I would still grab a Mallett or two. I think he has genuine upside potential. He's a guy who could parlay filling in for Tommy into a real deal, i.e. Cassel or Matt Flynn, not that either has done a whole lot yet.

But yeah... stay away from that Kellen Moore guy...
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content (finally organized!) and Hidden Content

SCF's Resident BOISE STATE Collector
    Matt Ware Super Collector

what about devier Posey? He tore his Achilles and won't be back till the middle of the season but people seem to want his stuff more and more :-)

Hasn't Kap pretty much hit his cap for a long time to come? His cards are hot right now, so I don't seeing that being a wise investment for now.

I disagree meandsharon11, saying its not a hobby for them and about people investing just to make a quick buck. Not everyone has very much money to collect the players they like. Investing, trading and selling cards is obviously a natural solution to that problem. I have a stock of cards of players that I like and will not sell, honestly most of them don't have much value and that is OK. But if I want to buy a National Treasures patch auto of Colin Kaepernick, the fact is I just cant afford that card....so I have to work up to it. One way to do that is by investing in low cost players and reselling them later once they hit big. Not only can that help me eventually buy the cards of the players I like, it also is a fun part of card collecting.
    Last edited by ctmarco3; 03-21-2013 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    Kellen Moore. JK

(Off topic question)
    I like Osweiler too as a good investment, I have a nice triple patch rookie of his that is pretty cool. I think as far as whats wrong with the hobby check out my reply later down in the thread....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast