Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming QBs

Quote Originally Posted by jrlebert View Post
    Honestly, I think I would still grab a Mallett or two. I think he has genuine upside potential. He's a guy who could parlay filling in for Tommy into a real deal, i.e. Cassel or Matt Flynn, not that either has done a whole lot yet.

But yeah... stay away from that Kellen Moore guy...
    I have a couple dozen of his rookies already, got them real cheap...was hoping he would take over for Brady at some point, but that seems pretty unlikely.
    I collect HOFs, 49rs, and hot rookies.

My Bucket: Hidden Content

I like Brock as well. Big TALL QB with a strong arm plus sitting behind Peyton can only help him down the road. I would have said Nick Foles, but I don't think he has much of a future in Philly.
    ~Matt
    Avatar- Kieran Richardson/ CRISTIANO RONALDO 2004 Upper Deck SP Authentic Signs of the Times Dual Auto #'d/199
    COLLECTING: Red Sox, Orioles, Eagles, and Frank THE BIG HURT Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by texastexanCC View Post
    Kellen Moore. JK

I would consider Osweiler, might turn out to be one of those Favre/Rodgers situations.
    I second this. Osweiler has a great situation. Big bodied guy that is young (only 22) and gets to learn the offense and game while watching a future HOFer. In a year or two when Manning hangs it up Osweiler will be just 24 or 25, very well schooled in the offense, and taking the reigns of a team that knows how to win.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."

Quote Originally Posted by ctmarco3 View Post
    Hasn't Kap pretty much hit his cap for a long time to come? His cards are hot right now, so I don't seeing that being a wise investment for now.
    I don't think so. The 49ers are a popular team w/ a lot of stars on both O and D. Kap is a good qb with a lot of weapons. Not only can he thrown, but he can run. I'd say he has another spurt in him if the niners hit it big in 2013.

On a side note, don't ever bother putting money in Flacco. That guy will never be huge in the collecting world.
    Hidden Content

High-end trade bucket
    : Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LancerArmstrong View Post
    I don't think so. The 49ers are a popular team w/ a lot of stars on both O and D. Kap is a good qb with a lot of weapons. Not only can he thrown, but he can run. I'd say he has another spurt in him if the niners hit it big in 2013.

On a side note, don't ever bother putting money in Flacco. That guy will never be huge in the collecting world.
    Agreed, not sure why but I never cared for Flacco and the Ravens, I am not a hater, just never cared for em...
    As far as Kap goes I guess I can see your point, its just his cards are a lot more expensive now then they were. When I first started collecting him I could get an auto rookie for $10-$20, now its minimum $50 to $100 a basic rookie I could get 10 for $3 now they are 10 for $30 so there has already been a huge increase in his prices, I just am fearful to buy more at these higher prices. I think he is a good QB but thinking he may have a "sophomore blues" season next year.
    I collect HOFs, 49rs, and hot rookies.

My Bucket: Hidden Content

As for "investment" quality QB's, young backups that you can get at a great buy are your rule of thumb, regardless what round they were drafted. Kirk Cousins was thought of highly enough by the Redskins to be taken in the 3rd round even though the team traded all of their picks, 2 water boys, and future considerations to Dan Snyders first born grandson for him. Ryan Mallet couldn't be in a better situation. When's the last QB NOT to do well there? It doesn't happen. Brock Osweiler is in a similar situation behind an all time great. The flipside of this is that you are going to have to wait on these guys. To call Mallet a bust is just silly talk. What do you want them to do? Bench a HOF QB still in his prime so they can play the kid? I remember when everyone called Aaron Rodgers a bust because he sat for close to 3 seasons.

At the end of the day, unless you are buying in mass quantities at wholesale you simply aren't going to make any money "investing" in football cards. I got out of the business side of the hobby about 10 years ago because it's a total crap shoot now. The great part is that I can buy pretty much any card I want as long as it's not a top 10 super hot card and I can get it at a great price. But I know Ill never get out of the hobby what I put in, which just wasn't the case 20 years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12