Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

Finally, a Mailday and Some Cards to Share.

UPDATE: The mailman dropped off a package from Sweden (Henrik, is that you?) today. Even though it wasn't a gift from the King himself, a big thank you! goes out to Frendo for selling me this card at a nice price and delivering it in top condition.

This card has a group of friends to join:

--------------------------------------------------

Thanks to HockeyCardMan for trading for the Brad Richards Cup Contenders and Piper1 for trading the Reimer Forever Rivals card.

I still have a faint recollection of Kevin Hatcher being a Ranger in 99-00. It was the era where playing with the Rags was part of the leagues' player-adjustment program for all retiring players.

Last edited by fleemur12; 03-21-2013 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Added new card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So true.....Rangers felt like they couldn't let anyone just call it quits without a tour through the organization

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@oldtimehockey29 See joeaverage67's Items on eBay

Ummmmmm sir, I think that era didn't end until Markus Naslund had his year............and Brad Richards might just be extending it hahahaaa!! I should talk, the Canucks stink this year :(

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ummmmmm sir, I think that era didn't end until Markus Naslund had his year............and Brad Richards might just be extending it hahahaaa!! I should talk, the Canucks stink this year :(

I never said it stopped. It's just no longer EVERY retiring player in the league taking their turn enjoying the distractions of Manhattan...and they seem to have gotten a few older players with more than 1-2 years left in them!

James Dolan and Glen Sather were like a crazed drug addicts. Their many poisons were a hodgepodge mix of incompatable veteran star players. Messier 2.0, Bure, Lindros, Kovalev 2.0, Holik()...those were bad years. Naslund was in there somewhere before he faded into the background.

Straka at least excelled as a linemate of the ageless Jagr. Shannahan was a good role model. Gomez and Drury never quite clicked and suffered badly timed injuries.

It seems that the Rangers regularly lose their way and their confidence. The loss of grinding role players Dubinsky, Prust, Fedotenko and arguably Avery last season combined with the strike was just begging for a loss of strong team identity.

Lundy, Gabby, Richards and Nash are great players, but a great team needs four lines. That's why Chicago looks so good this year, and is why the Oilers of the 80s were so unbeatable.

Maybe someday Sather and Dolan will put together a team that may not look great on paper but makes hockey-sense. And leave the team together for more than a year to develop?...

Nothing like a critical Ranger fan to put in his 2-cents along with all the other opinionated "experts" out there who follow the Rags, huh?
    Last edited by fleemur12; 03-21-2013 at 02:34 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Nice Pickups!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Sweet pickups! Love the look of that Richards Contenders!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Added an update this evening. A Lundqvist card...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey is that all PC? Wondering about the Richards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey is that all PC? Wondering about the Richards.

Generally all my Rangers are pc, but since the Richards swatch is not from his NY jersey, I'd trade it for the right deal. Let me look at your PB and I'll PM you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pidge27's Items on eBay

Love those Ultimate Patches! Great job!
    Hidden Content

Looking for 01-02, 02-03 BTP memorabilia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast