Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

Does this look authentic

I don't collect hockey but i found this in my autograph pile.Does it look authentic almost seems too good to be true

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Better lighting and having the flash glare not directly on the autograph would help significantly.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Better lighting and having the flash glare not directly on the autograph would help significantly.

It is a clear card trying to get no flash and have it come out is a task try these

SCF Rewards
    Country

back of card

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

hard to tell with the flash.... but from what I can see, it looks "correct" anyway. Would wonder where it came from. I don't know if McDonalds did an autographed version of that card (did this come from a pack?) so that would mean its either something that was signed IP or TTM.

If it was done TTM, very good chance that it was signed with an autopen... but probably someone else here who's a better expert on Gretzky autographs to give an opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think i obtained it from someone who said it was an IP signature.I got it for a bundle of cards which i thought was worth the risk in case ot was fake.It looks like his authentic sigs but i figured somebody here could make the call.thought about sending it in to psa/dna

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I just scrolled through the 100 plus auto's on Ebay, none have that "wing" at the top of the W, his W starts at the top and goes straight down, and overall the W just doesn't look right...anyway you can take a look and judge for yourself.
    cheers
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

I just scrolled through the 100 plus auto's on Ebay, none have that "wing" at the top of the W, his W starts at the top and goes straight down, and overall the W just doesn't look right...anyway you can take a look and judge for yourself.
    cheers

I noticed the exact same thing the moment I looked at the card. I do not believe this auto is authentic.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Take the card out of the case. Turn the light on. And turn the flash off. I'm pretty good at checking for fakes so if you do that I can look closer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See railblaze's Items on eBay

The autograph is different in many ways from the one of last year's SPX stickers. While it's possible that it's changed slightly over the years, it's unlikely to have changed as much as it would appear.

Also, what year is the card, and is there any serial number stamped or hand written on the card?

Beckett only lists 3 autographed Gretzky cards done in McDonald's releases.

None of the sets look anything like that card design.
    Last edited by Estovia; 02-11-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast