Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Riley_NBHC's Items on eBay

Some Of My Fav Cards With Stories!

Hey guys and gals!
    Today I am going to be doing a little show and tell of my favourite cards and why. I am only showing a portion of them as many have been displayed before and I don't have all day to write stories. As much as I would like to, I can’t. I must mention my twin; he has provided me with some great cards and stories that are not posted in this topic. They have been posted before. If you would like to take a look, feel free to check my topics! If you would like to read the stories, that would be great. I find them interesting.
    Thanks for looking! Comments would be extra appreciated on this topic!

This card goes back to when I first started my Gagner PC. Unfortunately, I did end it. But I started it back up again and it continues today. I am still working on getting this card back and am confident I will. There is no particular reason why this card made it on the list. It is just a beauty and features one of my top 5 favourite players on it.

I believe it was my 13th birthday. So yes, I am still on the older side of a teenager. I am not an adult yet and I will enjoy gifts forever! On with the story, my favourite player was Kessel, and he still is. He was recently traded to the Leafs at the time as well. I was also, at this time, not as big of a collector so every card was such a big deal. My mom got me one of those cases that contain 3 Artifacts packs. Not a blaster box, a package, I forget what they are called. Anyways I tore into them and got the Kessel! I was ecstatic! My favourite player and it's numbered out of 100!?!?! It couldn't get any better, especially because it made my mom happy to see me so excited. For the rest of the night I went on about all the great attributes to the card and it is still special to me today.

It may be hard to tell but Giguere's autograph is on this card. I believe I was around 12 years old when I got it signed. Giguere was newly acquired by the Leafs at the time, my favourite team. I was at my Grandma and Papa's for Easter. I'm not sure how we found out, but it turned out that Giguere lived behind them. This was very exciting! I wanted to meet him and possibly get his autograph but we didn't want to disturb him with his family, it was Easter after all. So we went home and made sure our Grandma would get a few autographs for us. So she did. The cool thing was that Giguere just had a bunch of hockey cards sitting around being the one featured in the picture. He signed 4 for us. One for me, my twin, my big brother, and my best friend. We were all very grateful and excited to get an NHL goalie's autograph!

This card was my first pull. My parents were away on vacation so it was just me and my brothers and sisters along with one of my sister's husband. My sister's husband took me and my twin to get a bike for each of us! Of course, we went to the best dealership in Canada, Walmart, haha. I couldn't leave the place without a bike AND some hockey cards. So I got a blaster of Artifacts. My twin and I split the box and I pulled the card featured above. I was extremely excited! I shouted for joy as my brother showed sympathy but was also jealous. It was also cool that the card was numbered 007/100 being a James Bond fan. I always watched the movies with my dad. Overall, it was a great experience.

I was attempting to host a group break with some friends featuring a box of 12-13 Artifacts, my favourite product. No one was interested and I had never opened the box for myself before so I figured I would try it. Boy was I pleased. I opened the box up with my twin and in one of the packs I saw the black foil between some base cards. So I told him to get the camera, breathing rapidly. Long behold a 1/1. We got a recording of me freaking out pulling it. If anyone is interested in seeing this video, I can show them upon request. I'm not going to post it as I have no intentions on public humiliation, haha. The video is quite funny. It was a great experience and of course, it was a 1/1 which give the time some brownie points.

Gaming it up on the original X Box playing NHL 06…… Good times. I always played as Detroit and faced my twin, being the Avalanche, in epic battles. Most of my goals were scored by the great Robert Lang using our signature move on the breakaway, the spin-o-rama. One day, I was on a hockey tournament and there was a booth at the arena. My dad said my twin and I could each pick one card. I laid eyes on the Lang and had to get it. Oh, and of course Williams, on the back, haha. My dad was kind enough to purchase the card for me and I was in love. I still own the card today.

Thanks for reading and I hoped you guys enjoyed the cards and stories! Once again, comments are much appreciated!
    Last edited by HockeyCardMan; 03-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See plindbergh31's Items on eBay

Love The Kovalchuk and great stories...thanks for sharing!!

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

Love The Kovalchuk and great stories...thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for the kind words!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See montagna2006's Items on eBay

Good looking cards! Sweet Kovie 1/1!

I liked how you have the stories behind each card b/c it shows you really enjoy all aspects of collecting. It's a good sign for the hobby when a young collector like yourself (and myself...) demonstrates enthusiasm and excitement. Some people get too focused on the monetary value of the card pulls, yet some of the best parts of collecting are the moments leading up to the actual reveal and sharing in the fun with our brothers, friends and family (or just by ourselves sometimes).

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

Good looking cards! Sweet Kovie 1/1!

I liked how you have the stories behind each card b/c it shows you really enjoy all aspects of collecting. It's a good sign for the hobby when a young collector like yourself (and myself...) demonstrates enthusiasm and excitement. Some people get too focused on the monetary value of the card pulls, yet some of the best parts of collecting are the moments leading up to the actual reveal and sharing in the fun with our brothers, friends and family (or just by ourselves sometimes).

Thanks for all the kind words! It means a lot! And what you said is exactly right. The card for me, means a small amount, the story is what makes it important. But that is just me.