Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Learned some news things about postage today!

So, I had a little adventure with the post office today.

#1 - Bubble mailers cannot be shipped First Class Mail (You may be able to ship it out that way, but the receiver will have to eat the fees on the other end)

#2 - Do not make the mistake of putting the receivers address on the top of a package, this can happen with bubble mailers if not paying attention where the pre-printed lines are close together for receiver and sender. (It will be sent back to you, and you will have to repay for the postage)
    *During the months March-October, Trades can take up to 10 days to be sent out as I have a job that rarely allows me free time while the sun is up*
    Collecting the following: *2013 Heritage Chromes /999, Chrome Purple Refractors * Die-Cut Inserts (2010-Present) * And other set needs
    My Bucket - Hidden Content

From experience, the rules are interpreted differently depending on the location or particular employee. I used to be able to send bubble envelopes first class if they were under 3/4" thick but that changed a year or two ago. From USPS's website, a large envelope must be shipped as a parcel if one of the following is true:
    The Large Envelope is too Rigid – does not bend easily
    The Large Envelope is NOT Rectangular or Square
    The Large Envelope contains items that cause more than 1/4 inch variation in thickness

If you have a paypal account then I'd definitely recommend printing postage through there as you'll save a bunch of money......a 3 oz bubble envelope with delivery confirmation is only $1.69.

I just sent a bubble mailer first class with tracking yesterday for $2.93
    Right now looking to sell my inventory so I can get new stuff
    Hidden Content Please NO PayPal Gift

Here in Ohio, I ship bubble mailers First Class but I have to put a styrofoam peanut in it to make it thicker. They say the machines cant read them when they are flat. My thinking is that a flat package is easier to carry/sort but im obviously stupid.

Also as tkraft said use paypal its 1.69
    paypal.com/shipnow

Your wasting money my friend

Quote Originally Posted by #1cardsfan View Post
    I just sent a bubble mailer first class with tracking yesterday for $2.93

I send first class all the time w/ bubble mailer (just did it Tuesday actually). Usually costs me @$2 per package, give or take a few cents. But, here is a stupid question: When you use paypal shipping, do you just guess at the weight, or do those of you who use it actually have a postal scale at home?

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Brad

Hidden Content

NFL HOF Player RC Collection: 110/232 (47.41%)

I'm not sure if the lady @ the post office was giving me wrong information or what not. But supposedly bubble mailers cannot be shipped first class. Its probably pretty rare that anyone who works at the post office really catches that or even cares for that matter..
    *During the months March-October, Trades can take up to 10 days to be sent out as I have a job that rarely allows me free time while the sun is up*
    Collecting the following: *2013 Heritage Chromes /999, Chrome Purple Refractors * Die-Cut Inserts (2010-Present) * And other set needs
    My Bucket - Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by PRTHD View Post
    Your wasting money my friend
    Most times I use PayPal shipping and it only cost me $1.70, but when I get cash I mail it through the post office. I include the outrageous shipping in my price.
    Right now looking to sell my inventory so I can get new stuff
    Hidden Content Please NO PayPal Gift

I have a small digital scale I bought at Wal-Mart. You can basically ship 6-7 toploaders for 3 ounces. The scale is nice for mailing out a stack of PSA graded cards or a set.

Quote Originally Posted by BBonds25 View Post
    I send first class all the time w/ bubble mailer (just did it Tuesday actually). Usually costs me @$2 per package, give or take a few cents. But, here is a stupid question: When you use paypal shipping, do you just guess at the weight, or do those of you who use it actually have a postal scale at home?

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by BBonds25 View Post

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Brad
    I have a super cheap ($0.99) 'diet' scale that I use and it has been just fine. Most packages are 3 oz anyways and I always just round up if it's close on my cheapy scale. The scale actually says "NOT LEGAL FOR PARCEL POST" on it, haha.
    Last edited by tkraft24; 03-21-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast