Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Upper Deck Trilogy Returns in 2013-14!

I was talking to my LCS owner yesterday - he's just back from the Vegas Industry Summit and had a few tidbits of info for me that I can discuss...

Upper Deck is going to lead off next year's product schedule with the return of Trilogy!

The key highlight is going to be a very tight 33-card rookie set. There will be tiering in it as well with three categories - I believe he said /499, /199, and /99. That's going to be a great group with it being just a small set. There won't be any of the 2013 draft class because of the timing on the calendar, but look for guys like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and other top rookies who debuted during this season.

Also returning will be the plexi-glass Ice Scripts autos. These were always a favourite of mine. Great cards, but keep them out of the sun!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Awesome! Loved Trilogy!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See harpercollector's Items on eBay

Always been a fan of Trilogy, can't wait!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ice Scripts yes! Love those cards.

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

"guys like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and other top rookies who debuted during this season."

So these guys won't be in any 12/13 product?
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

"guys like Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Gallagher, and other top rookies who debuted during this season."

So these guys won't be in any 12/13 product?

Nope. Was announced at the start of the season that players who play their first game this season need to wait til next year's cards to get a rookie card. That is why so many products were cancelled this year.

BANNED

Country
    See hockey_99's Items on eBay

wow cant wait, kopitar ice-script!

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

that's just stupid and was obviously manipulated by the card companies

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett(67)
    Country
    See reket23's Items on eBay

good news

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

that's just stupid and was obviously manipulated by the card companies

Actually it was a mutual agreement made back in January between the card companies and the NHLPA. Think about all the staple RC's that would be missed due to the season not starting until late January and how much of a crunch that would place on Panini & Upper Deck to get products out in a condensed time frame. It would have been stupid to go ahead with a full release calendar when half the products had already been released without any truly valuable rookie names. Certified, Crown Royale, O-Pee-Chee, SP Game used, and so many more - all were affected by the lockout and thus had to rely on B-grade rookies and veteran content to sell the product.

By holding off everybody who debuted in 2012-13 until the 13-14 release calendar, they have several extra months of time to prepare all the great standards and flag-bearer products to be the best they've been in years. This will mean fewer redemptions, stronger products, and better players for the 2013-14 product schedule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast