Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miscut/error cards

SCF Rewards
    Country

Miscut/error cards

I opened this card when proset was still in-print and didn't think much of it at the time, but I haven't seen anything like it since. How rare is this kind of thing? Do people collect miscuts or print errors at all?

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not rare, miss-cut, pretty much worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll say it's a fun card and maybe add some extra value so anything from 2 - 10$.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not rare, miss-cut, pretty much worthless.

Not rare? Do you have any references to sales for miscut cards? Or any sites that have any for sale, I would love to start collecting them!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shawnyboy24's Items on eBay

Boxes of proset from that year were full of miscut...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boxes of proset from that year were full of miscut...

Not from my experience, between me and my cousins we opened probably 25-30 boxes back when it was in print (and 3 boxes this past summer that I found for $5 each), and that's the only miscut I've ever seen. I would love to see more though, if anyone has any for sale, hit me up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not from my experience, between me and my cousins we opened probably 25-30 boxes back when it was in print (and 3 boxes this past summer that I found for $5 each), and that's the only miscut I've ever seen. I would love to see more though, if anyone has any for sale, hit me up.

That actually sounds like quite a fun (and unique) project. Be sure to keep us updated if you decide to collect 'em!

-Ethan

SCF Rewards
    Country

That actually sounds like quite a fun (and unique) project. Be sure to keep us updated if you decide to collect 'em!

-Ethan

Will do, I haven't found any yet, but hopefully some turn up. I think I'll stay away from the slightly off center miscuts and go for the anything that is off by about as much as the Roy I have.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Proset had ton of error on cards and yes I saw miscut. The issue is not how rare they are but mainly that error cards are not collected like they once were. So it's more a question of demand and the demand is not really there. For instance I collect Roy in is playing years yet I would not put one penny on such card. Some may pay a premium just don't have high expectation with a card that book 25 cents. Pro set remain the biggest flop in the hockey card industry, their card were so mass produce that they lost any value. Trying to sell a pro set card is really hard to sell one. look at ebay final sale and I bet you most lost money on these sale with all the fees invove. Mainly some see box or case at really low price, think they are making a good deal and then when they trie to move them , they realise no one wants them. I trade one proset card from this release to a plyer collector but at 25 cents a card it was a deal because we had many other cards from other years.

Mainly the issue is not rarety of this one card but demand that is almost non existant since not many still colloct error cards. But that said you may get a dolooars or two if you find the right collector.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Proset had ton of error on cards and yes I saw miscut. The issue is not how rare they are but mainly that error cards are not collected like they once were. So it's more a question of demand and the demand is not really there. For instance I collect Roy in is playing years yet I would not put one penny on such card. Some may pay a premium just don't have high expectation with a card that book 25 cents. Pro set remain the biggest flop in the hockey card industry, their card were so mass produce that they lost any value. Trying to sell a pro set card is really hard to sell one. look at ebay final sale and I bet you most lost money on these sale with all the fees invove. Mainly some see box or case at really low price, think they are making a good deal and then when they trie to move them , they realise no one wants them. I trade one proset card from this release to a plyer collector but at 25 cents a card it was a deal because we had many other cards from other years.

Mainly the issue is not rarety of this one card but demand that is almost non existant since not many still colloct error cards. But that said you may get a dolooars or two if you find the right collector.

I'm not sure why you went on a rant about pro set, I don't think anyone could argue that the set will be seen as the most produced in history. I'm not really looking to sell it so, again, I don't know why you went on and on about it being worthless. I've collected error cards in other products before and am interested in doing so with hockey, it doesn't really matter what set it's from. If these miscuts are common, why can't I find any online? It may because sellers don't think they can get rid of them so they don't bother listing them, but if they're really common, then I would expect to see at least a few somewhere. This is an example of an awesome miscut: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1984-COORS-LI...#ht_920wt_1409

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places? Where are the ton of error cards that you talk about, or are you just ™™™™ting on the example card because it's from a bad set?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast