Poll: Is Tracy McGrady a Hall of Famer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Is Tracy McGrady a Hall of Famer?

Is Tracy McGrady a Hall of Famer? He's a 7 time all star, led the NBA in scoring twice in back to back years, and is currently 60th all time in NBA/ABA scoring.
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content
    Sell List Link ------> Hidden Content

I'm not very familier with NBA HOF. However, I know he was one of the best players in the league for about 5 years. Not sure that goes far enough to get one into the HOF. 7 all-stars would not get you in for me, but again I don't know much about NBA HOF to say if that's a norm to get one in or not.

Not quite imo. Lot of regular season success but not long enough followed by a pretty sharp decline. Did he ever get out of the first round?

I personally would not vote him in but I do think he will get in eventually. Ralph Sampson really lowered the bar on basketball HOF expectatations.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by cgb_orl View Post
    Did he ever get out of the first round?
    I think he may have once but I'm not positive
    Baseball Trade Page: Hidden Content
    4 Sport Trade Bucket: Hidden Content
    Sell List Link ------> Hidden Content

I would say no. Was an awesome player for a stretch, but that's about it.
    I collect: Marbury, Jordan, Kobe, D-Will, AI, Durantula, Westbrook
    Chicago Cubs, Giancarlo Stanton, Randy Moss, Minnesota Vikings
    MY SITE:Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    I personally would not vote him in but I do think he will get in eventually. Ralph Sampson really lowered the bar on basketball HOF expectatations.
    My thoughts exactly. Used to be, you had to have a long and distinguished career to get in. Not just some guy who was good for 3 or 4 seasons. And that's all T-Mac is. If that pathetic loser can get in, why not just let everyone in? Yinka Dare and Brian Scalabrine? Come on in!

Hidden Content
    Winning isn't everything.
    Collecting: Mike Dunleavy | Avery Johnson | Marreese Speights
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

duplicate post.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 03-26-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

On the cool I think that Robert Horry should get in the HOF before McGrady. I would actually vote for him if I was on the panel.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I voted yes because based on other players who got in he has a very good shot to be voted in eventually. The HOf has become watered down. It isn't as elite as it should be.
    I ship once a week on Monday or Tuesday and only can check my mail once a week to confirm trades have been received. Please pm me if interested in seeing my FB and BB trade lists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast