Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

He doesn't own the gun, his dad does. If you knew anything about US gun laws you would know that the gun was purchased and is owned by his dad. Getting you panties twisted because you have some silly idea in your head that this kid is riding around the neighborhood with his .22 strapped over his shoulder is preposterous.

"Giving the gun" to his son essentially means that his son can shoot it and consider it his, but it can not legally be owned or possessed by him until he is 18.

And if you bothered to read the article then you would know that the father keeps all guns in gun safes. The police who came to his house demanded to inspect his guns that were locked in his gun safe. So the son doesn't even have access to the gun unless his dad is around.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

So if a person proves they can load a gun, pull the trigger and hit a target then they are viable to be licensed to purchase and own a gun? My 11 year old will be happy to hear that.

For the record, taking a written test and driving test does not prove that you can safely operate a vehicle. If it did then auto accidents would not be the #1 killer of teens ages 16-19.

I grew up on a farm and was driving the farm pickup when I was 11. I guess my dad was a majorly irresponsible parent...

Yes, your dad was. It would have became very apparent had you flipped the car or the tractor into a drainage ditch and been killed as a result.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

"My" car sat in the driveway. I could wash it, work on it, whatever I wanted. But it stayed in the driveway. If I had wanted to go joyriding, I'd have to get the keys from my dad and, while it may have been possible, it would have been too difficult to be worth it.

Now, was my dad irresponsible?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Actually a lifelong test is required to own a gun. You must live your entire life free of crime, criminal irresponsibility and with good citizenship to purchase and own a gun. A person can be legally insane with an extensive criminal record and still get a drivers license and buy a car.

so you are telling me that every Crip, Blood, Ganster Disciple, Arayn Nation Brother, MS-13, depressed suicidal teenager, drug addicted bank robber etc have sat and taken the test to get the guns that they use to commit their crimes? I could go buy a gun in 200 different places RIGHT NOW without taking ANY kind of test. You are sadly deceived if you think that this "regulation" is anything other than a big joke

the weak "system" we have here in America - the one that NRA people think is "adequate"- is where the failure is.

We just have to face up to the facts that the whole gun thing is a failed mess in our country. The rest of the world is laughing while we kill ourselves off because of fear, ignorance, worship of some outdated law/piece of paper, and greed and selfishness. As long as the NRA is around and has the monetary power they do, we are still going to be the butt of the worlds jokes, and then we become JUST LIKE the people that the NRA and Right wing nuts fear...
    Last edited by 11chaos; 03-27-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

so you are telling me that every Crip, Blood, Ganster Disciple, Arayn Nation Brother, MS-13, depressed suicidal teenager, drug addicted bank robber etc have sat and taken the test to get the guns that they use to commit their crimes? I could go buy a gun in 200 different places RIGHT NOW without taking ANY kind of test. You are sadly deceived if you think that this "regulation" is anything other than a big joke

the weak-a***d "system" we have here in America - the one that NRA people think is "adequate"- is where the failure is.

We just have to face up to the facts that the whole gun thing is a failed mess in our country. The rest of the world is laughing while we kill ourselves off because of fear, ignorance, worship of some outdated law/piece of paper, and greed and selfishness. As long as the NRA is around and has the monetary power they do, we are still going to be the butt of the worlds jokes, and then we become JUST LIKE the people that the NRA and Right wing nuts fear...

Did you just compare an 11 year old kid to the Krips and Bloods?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

He doesn't own the gun, his dad does. If you knew anything about US gun laws you would know that the gun was purchased and is owned by his dad. Getting you panties twisted because you have some silly idea in your head that this kid is riding around the neighborhood with his .22 strapped over his shoulder is preposterous.

"Giving the gun" to his son essentially means that his son can shoot it and consider it his, but it can not legally be owned or possessed by him until he is 18.

And if you bothered to read the article then you would know that the father keeps all guns in gun safes. The police who came to his house demanded to inspect his guns that were locked in his gun safe. So the son doesn't even have access to the gun unless his dad is around.

Why did you quote my "responses in bold" and then not address either of them? And no I didn't read the article because the "article" was a video. I watched the whole video and am aware of all the facts but thanks for re-iterating them. And please keep the images of my panties out of your head along with your assumptions of what I am imagining.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So my dad was irresponsible for buying me a car and not letting me drive it until I got my licence.
    I think that's really stupid, but whatever.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

Did you just compare an 11 year old kid to the Krips and Bloods?

No, not at all. I was focusing on duane bringing up the lame "test" that people supposedly take to get guns here in America...though I think the average age of many gangs are right around 12-13. That is definitely the age that kids get into gang activity, so it is not that far fetched
    Last edited by 11chaos; 03-27-2013 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

No, not at all. I was focusing on duane bringing up the lamea**d "test" that people supposedly take to get guns here in America...though I think the average age of many gangs are right around 12-13. That is definitely the age that kids get into gang activity, so it is not that far fetched

Yeah, but you're comparing Compton and East LA with wherever this kid lives. I'm guessing the demographics there are much different from inner city Detroit.

And I have to say, anyone calling the father irresponsible on the information available is self righteous and judgemental. There I said it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

the weak-a***d "system" we have here in America - the one that NRA people think is "adequate"- is where the failure is.

Aside from the fact that you have gone totally off point, the people that you mention are not restricted by gun laws and do not buy their guns legally, so no amount of gun laws, restrictions or prohibitions will prevent them from being who and what they are. And if you think the Constitution is an outdated piece of paper then you and I have nothing more to discuss.

Regardless of your opinion about guns, your repeated use of offensive language is in violation of site rules. If you can not discuss the matter without cursing then I suggest you not discuss it at all.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast