Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thefiorecollection's Items on eBay

cept i made that CHOICE when it was legal....

will i be reimbursed for my 1750$ i spent on my rifle? probably not.

that is the government taking my weapon from me. I already own it, it may become illegal, then i lose it.

aka i was disarmed.

once again the rifle just looks and feels the same but doesn't function the same.

if my rifle becomes illegal, please explain to me how this is not taking my weapon from me and disarming me. I have options right? turn it in or risk a felony? i see this is as taking my rifle. I served in afghanistan, i fought for this country, i know how to handle my weapons responsibly.

you're right I CHOSE a weapon. A style I feel comfortable with, it was a legal purchase. I had it imported to a FFL carrier, then did a background check with said FFL, waited 72 hours after and picked up my weapon. It was a purely legal transaction.

having to give up the weapon like some states are requiring and being out all of my hard earned taxed dollars. just sucks.

but you're right i'm not being disarmed. I just lose my weapon and have to buy a new approved one, til that gets banned. lemme see I want to buy my good ol benalli shotgun ...wait that's gonna be banned too? well i'll go buy my grandfathers m1 garande, o wait i can only get 1 or 2 models the rest are illegal? guess i'll go buy my great grandfathers colt from wwi....o wait i can't have that either.

gotta love it. I see the gangs around where I live, having something I know how to use provides me with a sense of peace as I am confident with my ability with it and can protect my family if necessary (hopefully i never have to fire it except to zero it). but i'm the bad guy right? cause those guys out there sure as hell are gonna turn there's in right? specially since some are already felons. owning a gun when your a felon is against the law....sure stopped them.

would i be scared if the combat veteran next door to me had a "military look-a-like" rifle? Nope, i would feel much safer. Going back to the milita thing that still does have a purpose even if it isn't needed. I know first hand what fire superiority is and having an autodated single shot weapon or a shotgun when a rifle is needed, is nearly worthless.

Do I see people invading America? No. Do I see the government turning on it's people? No. Do I see a gang trying to take over turf and property, possibly. Neighborhood watch is a nice thing, but I live at least 5 - 10 minutes from any police. I know from experience that those 5 - 10 minutes can be a lifetime. I'd rather have potentially (if a threat is imminent) armed neighborhood watch rather than a cellphone and a prayer.

I have seen with my own eyes a meth user completely viciously attack a lady on the street. During that time I WISHED I had a weapon. That lady went to a hospital and is fine today, but it coulda been a whole lot worse.

Also back on topic about the kid, why don't we talk about the stories about the 11 and 12 year old with pink rifle stoping the intruder....betcha the parents were happy to have taught her how to use a firearm.
    Last edited by FioreSA; 03-27-2013 at 10:54 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics New England Patriots
    See maccards44's Items on eBay

1) the assault weapon ban is probably a dead issue
    2) if it did get enough steam to somehow become law, it is only a ban on the manufacture and sale of those types of guns, people who alredy have them would not be "disarmed"

sheesh - up in arms over a non-issue. It is amazing to me that because someone has talked about some form of gun control, you have already made the leap to the FACT you are going to be out $1700 because the feds are going to go door-to-door confiscating your great granfathers ww1 pistol.

Is it even possible to have adult conversations on anything anymore?
    maccards44 everywhere 'bay, etc
    Just Selling Right Now

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

that is the government taking my weapon from me. I already own it, it may become illegal, then i lose it.

aka i was disarmed.

once again the rifle just looks and feels the same but doesn't function the same.

if my rifle becomes illegal, please explain to me how this is not taking my weapon from me and disarming me. I have options right? turn it in or risk a felony? i see this is as taking my rifle. I served in afghanistan, i fought for this country, i know how to handle my weapons responsibly.

you're right I CHOSE a weapon. A style I feel comfortable with, it was a legal purchase. I had it imported to a FFL carrier, then did a background check with said FFL, waited 72 hours after and picked up my weapon. It was a purely legal transaction.

having to give up the weapon like some states are requiring and being out all of my hard earned taxed dollars. just sucks.

but you're right i'm not being disarmed. I just lose my weapon and have to buy a new approved one, til that gets banned. lemme see I want to buy my good ol benalli shotgun ...wait that's gonna be banned too? well i'll go buy my grandfathers m1 garande, o wait i can only get 1 or 2 models the rest are illegal? guess i'll go buy my great grandfathers colt from wwi....o wait i can't have that either.

gotta love it. I see the gangs around where I live, having something I know how to use provides me with a sense of peace as I am confident with my ability with it and can protect my family if necessary (hopefully i never have to fire it except to zero it). but i'm the bad guy right? cause those guys out there sure as hell are gonna turn there's in right? specially since some are already felons. owning a gun when your a felon is against the law....sure stopped them.

would i be scared if the combat veteran next door to me had a "military look-a-like" rifle? Nope, i would feel much safer. Going back to the milita thing that still does have a purpose even if it isn't needed. I know first hand what fire superiority is and having an autodated single shot weapon or a shotgun when a rifle is needed, is nearly worthless.

Do I see people invading America? No. Do I see the government turning on it's people? No. Do I see a gang trying to take over turf and property, possibly. Neighborhood watch is a nice thing, but I live at least 5 - 10 minutes from any police. I know from experience that those 5 - 10 minutes can be a lifetime. I'd rather have potentially (if a threat is imminent) armed neighborhood watch rather than a cellphone and a prayer.

I have seen with my own eyes a meth user completely viciously attack a lady on the street. During that time I WISHED I had a weapon. That lady went to a hospital and is fine today, but it coulda been a whole lot worse.

Also back on topic about the kid, why don't we talk about the stories about the 11 and 12 year old with pink rifle stoping the intruder....betcha the parents were happy to have taught her how to use a firearm.

My point still stands. You are not disarmed. You just have to choose a legal weapon. Of all the guns in the world (and the apparent fact that an 11 year old can manage to learn how to use a gun) you should be able to adjust to something legal. As for the "pink rifle" hero; we could talk about her but when we do can we talk about all the kids that die from gun accidents? Finally, if you truly think your everyday safety requires owning a multi-shot rifle I pity you. It must be a very heavy burden to live under such constant stress. Unless of course you are exaggerating the danger you face daily.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

aka i was disarmed.

1. I totally agree with you on the whole gang thing, and I have always felt that American street gangs are the only "terrorists" we should really worry about...yet we ™™™™™foot around and it has gotten out of control. the gang problem is also something whose solution is much bigger than just the gun thing....

2. on the flip side. the reason those gangs have the fire power they have is because somewhere in the world (USA) Joe Average thinks he needs a military level assault rifle to make him feel like a bigger man (along with his 44oz soda, 200"LCD tv and V35 Ford f-950)...bigger is better right?...so the gun companies manufacture hand cannons and assault rifles because they know they can make a profit. These are then usually purchased legally, or illegally depending on where you are, but then get stolen, sold pawned.....whatever, and end up in the underground where the gangs get them...sort of like the Jihad driven terrorists form the Middle East. I think that many on the Gun Control side are saying that if there wasn't a demand for these guns, they would not get made, and therefore not fall into the hands of the criminals

3. havnig a gun, and gun smarts does not make you safer...it just makes you feel safer. just like having a Ford V35 F-950 does not allow you to climb mountains with your truck...it just makes you feel like you can. All of the gun safety and training in the world can't stop someone driving by in a car and shooting you; or coming up behind you and shooting you; or sniping from a roof, or around the corner of a building, or shooting into your house while you are watching tv
    the thing is, the bad guys are going to shoot...unless they don't have the means to do it. Unfortunately now it is out of control....too many arms are in the wrong hands but I still don't feel like putting MORE arms, and ones that are more powerful out there is helping the problem

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

™™™™™foot

The site censor does this, but "tard" is perfectly acceptable? Nice work, SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The site censor does this, but "tard" is perfectly acceptable? Nice work, SCF.

hmmm...didn't even think of the word I typed as a "bad word"...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Being that it relates to a lightfooted cat, it's not...

Also totally off topic, have you ever seen an F-950? They're inSANE!
    Last edited by Wickabee; 03-28-2013 at 12:58 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Instead of using that term you used I like to use what my uncle used to say to me way back when. He used to tell me to stop shuckin' and jivin.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

Being that it relates to a lightfooted cat, it's not...

Also totally off topic, have you ever seen an F-950? They're inSANE!

yeah. The quad wheels on the back. It sits about 30 feet in the air...it has an elevator that gets you up to it. It can tow small islands...I think it even has a flip down 200" LCD tv in the back for the 3D DVD system...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Instead of using that term you used I like to use what my uncle used to say to me way back when. He used to tell me to stop shuckin' and jivin.

aaaaAAAAWWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY!

Sorry, just had a Herman Cain moment there.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast