Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exactly. Giving the kid a gun is NOT bad parenting. Letting him play with it unsupervised would be. Letting him keep it in his room would be. Letting him shoot the cat would be. But just giving him the gun as a present is NOT bad parenting.

If it was a handgun, I might feel differently, but this is quite obviously a hunting/target gun. For all the talking "the left" does about "the right" being paranoid, they're looking pretty paranoid themselves in this thread.

Exactly. And I guess it might be worth pointing out that this gun is actually more safe than most 22 rifles as it has an adjustable stock.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The gift is not age appropriate, or life experience appropriate. I just see no need for combat rifles in the hand of civilians unless your own country is under attack with an enemy on the ground, but that's just me. It's one of those gifts that has no reason to be given.

Married men go to the peelers and it's within their constitutional rights to do so, but how many actually own one, or take one home?

*** I know what you are going to say. A certain pretty girl at the local already has all your cash *** does not mean you should bring her home for breakfast.

Appropriate choices are not made when raising children, and here is a perfect example of another one. Get the kid a set of contact lenses so that he doesn't look like such a Melvin.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It's a hunting rifle, not a combat rifle. Give your head a shake, man.

Or maybe learn something before talking. I've never fired a gun in my life and I know taking that thing into combat would make sure you wouldn't get shot. You'd simply die of embarrassment as you comrades and enemies got together to laugh at you.

Maybe the fact that there are still people who can't tell the difference between hunting gear and military weaponry is the problem.

And topping it off by calling the kid a Melvin is really classy, Hice. Why don't you just go down there, demand they send ol' 4 eyes out and you can push him around.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Exactly. Giving the kid a gun is NOT bad parenting. Letting him play with it unsupervised would be. Letting him keep it in his room would be. Letting him shoot the cat would be. But just giving him the gun as a present is NOT bad parenting.

If it was a handgun, I might feel differently, but this is quite obviously a hunting/target gun. For all the talking "the left" does about "the right" being paranoid, they're looking pretty paranoid themselves in this thread.

No it just shows how kill thirsty this culture is! Shows me the right cars more about owning weapons and giving a 12 year old a rifle over the right to live! I am surprised it was a AR15! NOW you can stop blaming video games and Movies for the behaviour of children and teens. At all Begins at home!

BANNED

Country

It's a hunting rifle, not a combat rifle. Give your head a shake, man.

Or maybe learn something before talking. I've never fired a gun in my life and I know taking that thing into combat would make sure you wouldn't get shot. You'd simply die of embarrassment as you comrades and enemies got together to laugh at you.

Maybe the fact that there are still people who can't tell the difference between hunting gear and military weaponry is the problem.

And topping it off by calling the kid a Melvin is really classy, Hice. Why don't you just go down there, demand they send ol' 4 eyes out and you can push him around.

Good grief, calm down.

This is what a hunting rifle looks like:

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Denver Broncos Montreal Canadiens Milwaukee Brewers
    See dmdean81's Items on eBay

No it just shows how kill thirsty this culture is! Shows me the right cars more about owning weapons and giving a 12 year old a rifle over the right to live! I am surprised it was a AR15! NOW you can stop blaming video games and Movies for the behaviour of children and teens. At all Begins at home!

Giving a kid a gun and training them properly is where it all begins. Lack of respect for a weapon = lack of respect for human life. When I took hunter's safety course when I was 10 they drilled into our brains that you cannot take a bullet back after it's fired. You need to respect the gun and use it properly. If no one is shown how to shoot a gun, they will not know how to use it. It's just like pulling a random guy off the street and asking him to build you a house. He will start in on it but have no idea what he is doing or why and the house will fall down.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The gift is not age appropriate, or life experience appropriate. I just see no need for combat rifles in the hand of civilians unless your own country is under attack with an enemy on the ground, but that's just me. It's one of those gifts that has no reason to be given.

Married men go to the peelers and it's within their constitutional rights to do so, but how many actually own one, or take one home?

*** I know what you are going to say. A certain pretty girl at the local already has all your cash *** does not mean you should bring her home for breakfast.

Appropriate choices are not made when raising children, and here is a perfect example of another one. Get the kid a set of contact lenses so that he doesn't look like such a Melvin.

HAHA, do you know what a 22 rifle is? It's pretty much one step up from a pellet gun, no kick, no power. The ar-15 style just makes it safer for young men to use.

You've never lived in the country or the mountains before have you?

btw here is a video of a man shooting this same gun, start watching at 4:30
    Last edited by boba; 03-25-2013 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED

Country

I just looked at the photo, I had no idea it was a 22.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good grief, calm down.

^ this gun is way more dangerous then the gun the kid is using as it looks to me to be a 30 aut 6. Even if it is a 22, it's still more dangerous because it doesn't have an adjustable stock.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Good grief, calm down.

Hey, I'm not the one bullying a non-present 11 year old on the internet.

Also, I'm not the one who needs to calm down. Your buddy madman, the ever present reminder why rightists hate the left and think they're annoying and have no point, is the one who needs to stop calling people bad parents. Maybe you guys wouldn't give that gift. I wouldn't buy my daughter a Barbie since I agree it sets unrealistic standards for girls. My wife disagrees and I'm going to be the one to give in because I know I can use that model to teach her that body image will always be an issue, especially for women, and that these sorts of things are just dolls, not something to strive for.

You guys would divorce her and shelter your kids so that when they did come across it, they'd have zero knowledge and zero context. THAT is bad parenting.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast