Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I don't think this is off topic at all.
    I disagree that, overall, gangs are just as bad or worse in rural areas than cities. I believe there are anomolies, like the area you live as you describe it, but overall the gang problem is still predominantly a city one.
    We also may be having different conversations. There's about 100,000 or so people in my city (I'm actually "surrounding area") and by Canadian standards is a mid sized city. By American standards, I'm sure it would be a small city. We have gang problems here, but very few actual shootings. A gang head got popped in the street last summer and it was major headline news for months. In most US cities it would be on page 6 in less than a week.
    Basically, I can't agree that the demographics are the same in East LA as they are in Lincoln NB (NB is Nebraska, right? I'm talking about Lincoln, Nebraska).

NE=Nebraska.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Crap!
    I apologize to all 7 Nebraskans (it is Nebraskans, right? Not Nebraskaers or Nebraskaites?).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Militias aren't necessary to your nation's security. That's all there is to it. Again, read what I wrote yesterday, this isn't an argument to take guns. It's an argument to change your constitution so it ACTUALLY says what so many claim it does, but does not. Your arguments are built on fallacy. Your constitution doesn't say what you think it does.

OK, for arguments sake, take militias out of the Constitution (technically the Bill of Rights). If we remove "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" out it doesn't affect my right to keep and bear arms "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Furthermore, eliminating the entire 2nd Amendment doesn't dissolve my right to own a gun. We have many, many rights that are not set forth in the Constitution. All the 2nd Amendment does is give people a solid basis to protect their gun ownership rights. Eliminating it would not immediately result in everyone having to turn over their guns anymore than eliminating the 3rd Amendment would suddenly mean that people would have to start housing military personnel.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

OK, for arguments sake, take militias out of the Constitution (technically the Bill of Rights). If we remove "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" out it doesn't affect my right to keep and bear arms "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You're right. If that first part isn't there, it doesn't affect the second part. But it is there and one has to think for a reason. If you had read what I wrote, you'd see that I think taking the part about a militia out is acceptable. Since you didn't read, you think I don't want you to own a gun. That's the problem you're having. You're basing your argument about the constitution on the fallacy that the part about militias is meaningless and you're basing your argument against me on the fallacy that I don't want you to have a gun. You're simply ignoring what's right in front of you. How is that productive in any way?

It's not. You should try basing arguments on fact not fallacy.

Furthermore, eliminating the entire 2nd Amendment doesn't dissolve my right to own a gun. We have many, many rights that are not set forth in the Constitution. All the 2nd Amendment does is give people a solid basis to protect their gun ownership rights. Eliminating it would not immediately result in everyone having to turn over their guns anymore than eliminating the 3rd Amendment would suddenly mean that people would have to start housing military personnel.

I agree. Unfortunately, I'm not trying to take your guns away. How many times do I have to say this before you believe it, Duane? You were reading earlier tody...why did you stop?

I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU WITH NO GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get it yet, or are you seriously this simple?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

[/I]
    I agree. Unfortunately, I'm not trying to take your guns away. How many times do I have to say this before you believe it, Duane? You were reading earlier tody...why did you stop?

I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE YOU WITH NO GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you get it yet, or are you seriously this simple?

For every one liberal that doesn't want to take away guns there are 50 that do.

Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch wants to ban all guns
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/ex-nyc-mayor-ban-all-guns/

In 1996 Obama answered a questionnaire where he said that he supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7312.html

Danny Glover supports the abolishment of all privately owned guns.
    http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...r+ban+all+guns

A Dept. of Justice memo outlines gun bans and mandatory gun confiscation
    http://www.infowars.com/doj-memo-out...cate-all-guns/

I could go on with many, many more links but I won't. No Wick, YOU may not want to take my guns, but there are PLENTY of liberals who would not hesitate to have the Fed knock on my door and take them all or imprison me if I refused to give them up.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That exact attitude you're displaying right now exists on both sides and is the exact reason people continue to argue instead of doing anything. In short, you're part of the problem right now or rather, your attitude is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

For every one liberal that doesn't want to take away guns there are 50 that do.

Former NYC Mayor Ed Koch wants to ban all guns
    http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/ex-nyc-mayor-ban-all-guns/

In 1996 Obama answered a questionnaire where he said that he supported a ban on the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns.
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7312.html

Danny Glover supports the abolishment of all privately owned guns.
    http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...r+ban+all+guns

A Dept. of Justice memo outlines gun bans and mandatory gun confiscation
    http://www.infowars.com/doj-memo-out...cate-all-guns/

I could go on with many, many more links but I won't. No Wick, YOU may not want to take my guns, but there are PLENTY of liberals who would not hesitate to have the Fed knock on my door and take them all or imprison me if I refused to give them up.

1996 Duane. Come on man (In my Keyshawn Johnson voice). Please join the rest of us in the year 2013. President Obama does not and I mean repeat does not want to take away anyone's second amendment rights.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/whit...endment-rights

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

1996 Duane. Come on man (In my Keyshawn Johnson voice). Please join the rest of us in the year 2013. President Obama does not and I mean repeat does not want to take away anyone's second amendment rights.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/whit...endment-rights

You're right veg!;

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thefiorecollection's Items on eBay

cept he wants to ban the only firearm i have. i'm a honorably discharged Marine with no criminal record and no mental illness. I never fired a firearm til bootcamp (except once at boy scout camp, where I fired a .22) and only really feel comfortable firing weapons I was trained on.

When I got out I bought the cilivian version of my rifle, which does not have the 3 round burst and only looks and feels like the same rifle. The assault weapons ban would ban my rifle even though it is nothing like the rifle I had in the Corps, just looks and feels the same.

i would then be disarmed.
    Last edited by FioreSA; 03-27-2013 at 08:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

cept he wants to ban the only firearm i have. i'm a honorably discharged Marine with no criminal record and no mental illness. I never fired a firearm til bootcamp (except once at boy scout camp, where I fired a .22) and only really feel comfortable firing weapons I was trained on.

When I got out I bought the cilivian version of my rifle, which does not have the 3 round burst and only looks and feels like the same rifle. The assault weapons ban would ban my rifle even though it is nothing like the rifle I had in the Corps, just looks and feels the same.

i would then be disarmed.

No, you would then be disarmed out of CHOICE. YOUR CHOICE.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast