Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Jay, ammo is probably harder to find because all the gun nuts are hoarding it. The ammo manufacturers can't make it fast enough to supply the demand. As for the ads; maybe the run on guns has subsided and all the gun nuts are satisfied with their current stockpile? As for the thread topic; let the conspiracy nuts spin it however their minds like.
    So I'm a "conspiracy nut" because I have the same questions Congress does?

    And you're right...manufacturers can't make ammo fast enough anymore, especially when purchased 2 billion at a time. It is simple supply and demand, and simple math.

    Oh and gun dealers just figured they'd stop advertising guns because everyone has what they want? That's smart business there.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterx View Post
    So I'm a "conspiracy nut" because I have the same questions Congress does?

    And you're right...manufacturers can't make ammo fast enough anymore, especially when purchased 2 billion at a time. It is simple supply and demand, and simple math.

    Oh and gun dealers just figured they'd stop advertising guns because everyone has what they want? That's smart business there.
    When I read the articles I got the impression that the government DID answer the congressmen's questions. The 15 congressmen just didn't like the answers they received. I assume the congressmen are not conspiracy nuts; just normal politicians trying to score political points on behalf of their party. That terminology (conspiracy nuts) was aimed at the people commenting on the articles in the links. If you do not like my explanation for the "perceived" decline in gun ads, offer up your own.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    When I read the articles I got the impression that the government DID answer the congressmen's questions. The 15 congressmen just didn't like the answers they received. I assume the congressmen are not conspiracy nuts; just normal politicians trying to score political points on behalf of their party. (I do actually agree with the political gain, however, the questions needed to be asked). That terminology (conspiracy nuts) was aimed at the people commenting on the articles in the links. (Oh yes, 100% agree). If you do not like my explanation for the "perceived" decline in gun ads, offer up your own. (I think the decline in ads are due to the lack of inventory. That would be the "gun nuts" that are under the impression that the guns will not be available for long.)
    Reply in underlined text.

    The purpose of the thread is for opinions and to see what others think.

    I'm not looking to debate the purchase with anyone, it's a moot point, what's done is done. I appreciate your veiw. :)

  4. #14
    I think DHS is buying up ammo because the anti-gun nuts are trying to add a tax to every single bullet, so they are trying to get ahead of the cost aspect. I have seen articles where anti-gun nuts are proposing taxes of .05 cents per bullet up to $20 per 50 round box of bullets (.40 cents per bullet).

    Consider this. If these taxes pass and the anti-gun nuts get their way, the 2 billion bullet inventory would cost DHS somewhere between $100 million and $800 million more to purchase if not purchased ahead of the tax increases.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  5. #15


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,359
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I think DHS is buying up ammo because the anti-gun nuts are trying to add a tax to every single bullet, so they are trying to get ahead of the cost aspect. I have seen articles where anti-gun nuts are proposing taxes of .05 cents per bullet up to $20 per 50 round box of bullets (.40 cents per bullet).

    Consider this. If these taxes pass and the anti-gun nuts get their way, the 2 billion bullet inventory would cost DHS somewhere between $100 million and $800 million more to purchase if not purchased ahead of the tax increases.
    So it's based on paranoia? The government is now scared of itself? Extra taxes cost the government more...but where do those taxes go?

    America just gets weirder and weirder.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    So it's based on paranoia? The government is now scared of itself? Extra taxes cost the government more...but where do those taxes go?

    America just gets weirder and weirder.
    I would say it is more so abut DHS recognizing the political climate and trying to keep it's costs low in a time of oversight committees questioning every expense than the government being afraid of itself.

    The taxes are supposedly to go for things like anti-violence education, but I imagine that most of it would land in pork barrel spending budgets.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  7. #17


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,359
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I would say it is more so abut DHS recognizing the political climate and trying to keep it's costs low in a time of oversight committees questioning every expense than the government being afraid of itself.

    The taxes are supposedly to go for things like anti-violence education, but I imagine that most of it would land in pork barrel spending budgets.
    Budgets you say? Perhaps something like the DHS ammunition budget? Sounds like robbing Peter to pay Peter to me. You're trying to sell me that the government is afraid of paying itself. That makes less than no sense.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Budgets you say? Perhaps something like the DHS ammunition budget? Sounds like robbing Peter to pay Peter to me. You're trying to sell me that the government is afraid of paying itself. That makes less than no sense.
    I don't what to tell ya bud, I am just speculating. What do you want me to say? The Fed bought up all of the bullets so that citizens couldn't? I don't buy into that (no pun intended) because I just bought 250 rounds for my handgun last week.

    Also, I should add that the proposed taxes in question were state taxes, not Federal taxes, so it would have been DHS paying Fed money into state tax coffers, not the Fed taxing itself.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  9. #19


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    17,359
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    I don't what to tell ya bud, I am just speculating. What do you want me to say? The Fed bought up all of the bullets so that citizens couldn't? I don't buy into that (no pun intended) because I just bought 250 rounds for my handgun last week.

    Also, I should add that the proposed taxes in question were state taxes, not Federal taxes, so it would have been DHS paying Fed money into state tax coffers, not the Fed taxing itself.
    I don't buy into any of this. DHS bought ammo. Ooh. I just think your explanation is nothing but false paranoia.

    Perfect example is if it's a state thing and not federal, can you really see states like Texas, Arizona or Mississippi passing that kind of taxqtion? Easy way around it, buy your bullets from Texas, not California.
    Patiently waiting for someone to bring back sax solos and keytars non ironically.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    I don't buy into any of this. DHS bought ammo. Ooh. I just think your explanation is nothing but false paranoia.

    Perfect example is if it's a state thing and not federal, can you really see states like Texas, Arizona or Mississippi passing that kind of taxqtion? Easy way around it, buy your bullets from Texas, not California.
    DHS buys direct from the manufacturer (I assume) so if there is a per bullet tax in the state that the manufacturer is in then they would be bound by the state tax. They can not just go to a different state and buy 2 billion bullets. Like I said, I am just speculating.

    FYI, 2 billion bullets in that short of a time frame is out of the ordinary, that is why it has been brought up. This isn't bullets bought to be used by the CIA, FBI, NSA, ICE, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and DHS combined, this is just DHS. One department that has never bought that many bullets before suddenly buys 2 billion. Why?

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •