Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need some speculation here - DHS and ammo purchasing

Any speculation as to the reason for the amount of ammo that DHS has been purchasing?
    Thought it might make for an interesting discussion.

2 billion rounds
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Of-Ammunition

360,000 hollow points
    http://www.infowars.com/dhs-to-buy-3...nt-ammunition/

And why does DHS refuse to answer Congress on the issue?
    http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...-purchases.htm

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

This should be fun!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why are the hollow points an issue? Seems like a small percentage of the purchases and, I imagine, it's a standard bullet type for DHS. Saying thy don't get used for training is irrelevant when you're talking about 360,000 out of 2billion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why are the hollow points an issue? Seems like a small percentage of the purchases and, I imagine, it's a standard bullet type for DHS. Saying thy don't get used for training is irrelevant when you're talking about 360,000 out of 2billion.

Nobody said it was an issue, just the most current purchase. I may be wrong, but I think that's 360k in addition to the 2 billion? Either way, would you want to use your expensive ammo for training?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Nobody said it was an issue, just the most current purchase. I may be wrong, but I think that's 360k in addition to the 2 billion? Either way, would you want to use your expensive ammo for training?

But the fact hollow points don't get used is presented as if it's supposed to mean saying the bullets are mostly for practice is an obvious lie. They're Homeland Security and you're wondering why they're buying a bunch of ammo. They say it's mostly for practice and a small portion gets pointed out as not likely for practice so it's suspect?

I think some people need to think a little more. I don't like guns, I don't like DHS either. This, however, looks like nothing turned into something for political reasons. An unknown rookie spearheaded this and got all of 14 supporters and you don't question that, but an agency that depends pretty hard on ammo buys a bunch and something's fishy? That sounds nothing but partisan as well.
    I wonder if it was a Republican in office would they be doing this?
    Being that he's a no name, I'd say he'd be too scared. Being that it's Obama in office, my guess is he's just trying to make a name for himself within the party.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Oh this was Fox and Friends?

I thought we were talking about news media, not children's shows. My bad.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh this was Fox and Friends?

I thought we were talking about news media, not children's shows. My bad.

For the record, I didn't link to Fox.

I also didn't imply any conspiracy theory, just asking the same questions that members of Congress have asked.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

nobody finds it strange that after the gun ban talks, now not only is ammo nearly impossile to find, but even adds that use to contain 2-3 pages of guns for sale, now have only 2-3 guns listed?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

nobody finds it strange that after the gun ban talks, now not only is ammo nearly impossile to find, but even adds that use to contain 2-3 pages of guns for sale, now have only 2-3 guns listed?

Jay, ammo is probably harder to find because all the gun nuts are hoarding it. The ammo manufacturers can't make it fast enough to supply the demand. As for the ads; maybe the run on guns has subsided and all the gun nuts are satisfied with their current stockpile? As for the thread topic; let the conspiracy nuts spin it however their minds like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast