Question Is this true about the 1990 Reggie Jackson autograph?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REGGIE-JACKS...p2047675.l2557

Is this true about the 1990 Reggie Jackson autograph? That he inscribed special ones that corresponded with the final HR total of the members of the 500 Home Run Club?
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

2. Wata Photo
    Greetings:
    Pwaldo my friend I dont recall anything like that being mentioned before and I was around when they were released my only guess is that its an actual signature of Reggie but it might been added on it later on but I am not sure. The only people that would know more about it is Reggie himself as well any of the Upper Deck staff that were on hand when Reggie signed the cards so its hard to say.
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by BSEBALLCOMMISH75 View Post
    Greetings:
    Pwaldo my friend I dont recall anything like that being mentioned before and I was around when they were released my only guess is that its an actual signature of Reggie but it might been added on it later on but I am not sure. The only people that would know more about it is Reggie himself as well any of the Upper Deck staff that were on hand when Reggie signed the cards so its hard to say.
    Yeah I didn't hear anything about that either but then again I never pulled any of the Upper Deck autographs nor saw anybody else ever pull one. Being so tough to pull one and with there only being around a dozen members of the 500 HR club that he would have inscribed at the time there is a great chance that nobody pulled any of those special ones for years if it is true. Didn't see a write up about it in the Beckett Almanac which is weird since they are pretty good about stuff from mainstream sets but they do omit a lot of stuff.

Greetings:
    I am pretty sure Beckett would mentioned if they did something for the 500HR club cause at the time I am sure there was like you mentioned 13 members. Cause think about it as well both McCovey and Ted Williams were at 521 whom would gotten props on that card eh!!!!
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    I am pretty sure Beckett would mentioned if they did something for the 500HR club cause at the time I am sure there was like you mentioned 13 members. Cause think about it as well both McCovey and Ted Williams were at 521 whom would gotten props on that card eh!!!!
    You know I never thought about that with McCovey and Williams but you make a great point with that. If it wasn't for the high ending price on the eBay auction I wouldn't have even thought it was legit but I figured that somebody would have done some research before plunking down that kind of cash. I must admit that I wasn't really into the Upper Deck autographs as a kid and more into the Donruss Elite cards from Donruss. There was just something more amazing about those cards at the time.

I would have to say no as well. I chases that card for a while then after it was out there turned out to be a lot of them. I had two or three of them. And all I have ever seen is just the samy style auto just his name

Greetings:
    Well what can I say I know my baseball history really well. I just wondered Pwaldo pal of mine did ya try to see if the 1991 Donruss Elites were detected by a metal detector via airport. I remember reading about some collector back then did that on a case of the 1991 Donruss and then opened the box and then got rid of the rest of the boxes after finding nothing on them. As for people doing research on things like that its impossible to say after all there is some guy wanting $5 for 20 pack wrappers of the 1993 Ted Williams Company cards its like pay me to do my trash pick up. See the enclosed link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-20-19...6#ht_669wt_985

Just how lazy can ya be yeash!!!!

S.R.'75

Hidden Content

Greetings:
    Well what can I say I know my baseball history really well. I just wondered Pwaldo pal of mine did ya try to see if the 1991 Donruss Elites were detected by a metal detector via airport. I remember reading about some collector back then did that on a case of the 1991 Donruss and then opened the box and then got rid of the rest of the boxes after finding nothing on them. As for people doing research on things like that its impossible to say after all there is some guy wanting $5 for 20 pack wrappers of the 1993 Ted Williams Company cards its like pay me to do my trash pick up. See the enclosed link
    I had actually heard about the metal detector trick well after I spent tons of allowance money on those packs but they were from stores so I doubt employees were doing that. Odds were so long that they probably wouldn't have found anything anyways.