Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a question concerning the cash lines, and was hoping someone could help. I'm basically looking to get one autograph (Halladay), and was wondering if there's any strategy to getting into the cash lines. I don't know if you can line up right when the gates open, or what my chances are of getting an autograph, even if I get in line. I don't mind waiting in line the entire time, but is there any kind of general advice, or thoughts on the what my chances would be (great, good, bad, non-existent)?

Very important, it's up to the player IF they want to do the extra signings for cash. Cliff Lee last year wanted no part of it, but guys like Halladay, Utley, and all the smaller name guys didn't mind. Just ask the usher running the station if the station is taking donations after the ticketed people are done. Most likely they will say yes, so if you really want said player, just wait it out and get in line when they start taking donations. But you should know you are NOT guaranteed anything. It's all a risk and the player can leave at any time. I missed Halladay by less than twenty people last year, hoping that doesn't happen again this year. But make sure you ask the usher if they are taking on donations, because people were lining up for Lee last year and he told the people waiting, if you don't have a ticket, I'm not signing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very important, it's up to the player IF they want to do the extra signings for cash. Cliff Lee last year wanted no part of it, but guys like Halladay, Utley, and all the smaller name guys didn't mind. Just ask the usher running the station if the station is taking donations after the ticketed people are done. Most likely they will say yes, so if you really want said player, just wait it out and get in line when they start taking donations. But you should know you are NOT guaranteed anything. It's all a risk and the player can leave at any time. I missed Halladay by less than twenty people last year, hoping that doesn't happen again this year. But make sure you ask the usher if they are taking on donations, because people were lining up for Lee last year and he told the people waiting, if you don't have a ticket, I'm not signing.

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's certainly appreciated!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anyone with experience know who inscribes at the phestival? I know pap, halladay and Ruiz did last year but what about howard utley or Rollins? Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

i doubt the 3 guys that you listed inscribe. Papelbon did it for me last year.

I also sweet talked halladay into doing a "2 time cy young" inscription by telling him his playoff no hitter that i witnessed in person was the best sports experience i ever had. I heard that generally he declines inscriptions at the event though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i doubt the 3 guys that you listed inscribe. Papelbon did it for me last year.

I also sweet talked halladay into doing a "2 time cy young" inscription by telling him his playoff no hitter that i witnessed in person was the best sports experience i ever had. I heard that generally he declines inscriptions at the event though.

i know 3 people that got Halladay on a ROMLB last yr & he inscribed for all 3 of them. he may not normally do it, but i guess last year he was doing it for some. so it wouldn't hurt to ask. most of the 'big' names don't though. Hamels wouldn't do it last yr. he was the only big name i had though, so can't help w/the rest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question - does Halladay make it to the Phestival? With the way he is pitching he could go on the DL, a rehab assignment, or hell maybe even the minors. He might not make it. Any thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yikes. As soon as I'm typing that last reply, Halladay comes out with an injury. He will probably go on the DL now. Doubt he makes it to the Phestival now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah doubt he's there with these developments. He's a stand up guy though so you never know- he might feel he "owes it" to the team and fans to do something bc he's been so bad.

The guy doesn't like to sign, but the times I've met him he seems like a quality human being, unlike the rest of the Phillies core of talent.

BANNED

Country

Halladay inscribed 2 balls for me as well last year. I'm only looking for an inscription from Utley this year!

BANNED

Country

Phestival Admission tickets $10 each

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast