Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Dot Glue

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dot Glue

After not finding that Scoth Scrapbooker's Glue at any Michaels or Walmart etc in Canada, I got tired of using a glue stick and having the card come apart from the cut-out piece of cereal box in between.

I've read good things about dot glue but have not seen anyone mention it on here. Would it work for a card?

http://canada.michaels.com/on/demand...w?pid=C_sb3907
    http://canada.michaels.com/on/demand...w?pid=C_sb3965

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (22)
    Country

I think from the name itself "Glue Dot" that you would not have proper coverage.I would also think it would be a thicker type adhesive and may distort the card when pressed together.I have not personally used this product but that's my take on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Best thing is spray glue... (3M's 'Super 77' found at Rona and Home Depot), I used a spray box to spray on the card board, put my 4x6 on them after and cut with cutting mat and x-acto.
    Dot glue is not bad (my wife use it for scrapbooking) but I find it a bit flimsy to hold cuts or multiple layers of cardboard... It can be removed and replaced. So it tells how much it holds!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I ended up buying one from Walmart, it's a bit different from the ones that have one thick glue dot going one by one. It has a bunch of small sized thing glue dots that fit in the width of a white out runner. It worked fairly well I think, much better than a glue stick and maybe even better than scrapbook glue. Only problem is that it's not very economical, was $4 for just one of those and it probably won't last for all that many cards.