Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62
  1. #21


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    15,491
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Those are social issues. Disease and public safety are social issues, not legal ones.
    Which is why it's perfectly legal to knowingly spread HIV without telling your partners, right?

    Also, how do we deal with social issues as a society? Oh yeah...LAW

  2. #22
    Here's a solution, how about the government gets its nose out of marriage completely, it never belonged there anyways. If the government got out of marriage completely I have no problem with a same sex couple finding a church that would marry them, or performing their own wedding. I really couldn't care less.

  3. #23
    explain to me how gay marriage being illegal is the law having nothing to do with marriage, Jay.
    how is it illegal? it is just not recognized by the feds or most states.

    with your post i would assume that those states that allow gay marriage and gay people marry there, they are illegals and will be caught and punished?

    no

    the feds and other states do not recognize it, big difference.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Which is why it's perfectly legal to knowingly spread HIV without telling your partners, right?

    Also, how do we deal with social issues as a society? Oh yeah...LAW
    You are comparing two different things. Spreading HIV directly results in someone's death.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by boba View Post
    Here's a solution, how about the government gets its nose out of marriage completely, it never belonged there anyways. If the government got out of marriage completely I have no problem with a same sex couple finding a church that would marry them, or performing their own wedding. I really couldn't care less.
    bingo.. now apply this to drug law, abortion, contraception, etc and we might actually start figuring out the real issues the country faces!
    For an updated look at what I have for sale or trade please click my eBay User ID.... usually thousands of items available in all genre's

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewsbury View Post
    how is it illegal? it is just not recognized by the feds or most states.

    with your post i would assume that those states that allow gay marriage and gay people marry there, they are illegals and will be caught and punished?

    no

    the feds and other states do not recognize it, big difference.
    You really aren't gonna go the "it isn't illegal unless you can be arrested for it" bs are you?

    It's not legal to drive without car insurance.. but you still can do it without being arrested.
    It's not legal to jay walk.. when was the last jaywalker put on trial?
    Until the 1990's it was illegal to have sodomy sexual relations... ever been arrested for sleeping with your wife? lol
    For an updated look at what I have for sale or trade please click my eBay User ID.... usually thousands of items available in all genre's

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    You are comparing two different things. Spreading HIV directly results in someone's death.
    and driving 200mph or having nuclear weapons do not?!
    For an updated look at what I have for sale or trade please click my eBay User ID.... usually thousands of items available in all genre's

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
    bingo.. now apply this to drug law, abortion, contraception, etc and we might actually start figuring out the real issues the country faces!
    Lets also apply it to gun ownership and paychecks (taxes). Just like you guys on the left are tired of being told what you can do, what you can have and what you are allowed to do or not do that makes you happy so are we.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
    and driving 200mph or having nuclear weapons do not?!
    No. Driving 200 MPH happens every single day on the Autobahn without people dying (the Autobahn has a 27% lower vehicle death rate than the US) and I could have a nuke sitting in my closet for 50 years and it never kill a single person.

    Can these things result in death? Sure. But they do not automatically result in death. Giving someone HIV/AIDS almost always does.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Lets also apply it to gun ownership and paychecks (taxes). Just like you guys on the left are tired of being told what you can do, what you can have and what you are allowed to do or not do that makes you happy so are we.
    taxes will be argued about until the day we die. I could name you 100 things you would never want to cut, but you will still scream "we need to cut spending"... lets not go there

    Guns? are you kidding me? you honestly think weapons with the sole purpose of killing should not be regulated?!
    For an updated look at what I have for sale or trade please click my eBay User ID.... usually thousands of items available in all genre's

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •