Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Imac7065's Items on eBay

First off, calling someone ignorant is unnecessary. I did not insult you or be unreasonable with you. If the only way you can debate is to be insulting then I suggest you duck out now.

Second, I was generalizing with 200 MPH to make a point. Good job of arguing semantics tho.

Third, nuclear warheads are encased in lead, so no being around them would not result in death, and again that is a sematic and is not the point. You have gone off subject and still not shown how there is a legal basis against them. You continue to argue social aspects.

I told you the legal basis for all your points in my first reply to you... you are the one going all over the place here. You stated getting HIV results in death "most of the time".. this is ignorant. I'm not insulting you, I am using the word in its proper context lol. We aren't in 1982 anymore.. HIV is not a death sentence, its a kin to getting diabetes now. What you said was... ignorant lol. Sorry you took it as an insult, but there is no other synonym I could use here.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Hold on a second here. You claimed that public safety and disease were in no way legal issues and only social ones. HIV makes that argument crap on the road. The LAWS surrounding HIV are to prevent the spread of the DISEASE in the name of PUBLIC SAFETY.

So please, tell me again how public safety and disease do not come into law anywhere.

Way to move the posts, good buddy.

Although everyone wants to argue tangents and semantics, my point is simple. Laws against owning a nuke, having sex with animals, etc. are based on social aspects. They are not purely legally based. Every single response to my post by everyone has been based on the social impact. There is no purely legal basis for not owning a nuke or not having sex with animals. My point was that the OP expects people to defend their social opinions with only legal facts, which is virtually never the case in law.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If they sit in a collection and don't get used, then yeah, they're for looking at, not for cutting.
    What a stupid question.

*smacks forehead*.. so there is no practical purpose to a weapon other than being collected??? We shouldn't regulate lethal weapons because people collect them?!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Although everyone wants to argue tangents and semantics, my point is simple. Laws against owning a nuke, having sex with animals, etc. are based on social aspects. They are not purely legally based. Every single response to my post by everyone has been based on the social impact. There is no purely legal basis for not owning a nuke or not having sex with animals. My point was that the OP expects people to defend their social opinions with only legal facts, which is virtually never the case in law.

if you think rape, spreading disease, and putting others lives in danger (or killing them) are all "socially based"... then there's no getting to you. You just don't get it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

Then what the hell kind of issue is it Jay ?
    If it wasnt a legal one we wouldnt be addressing the SCOTUS

my concern was not a legal one

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

*smacks forehead*.. so there is no practical purpose to a weapon other than being collected??? We shouldn't regulate lethal weapons because people collect them?!

*smacks forehead* Show me where I said that. You said there is no other purpose for guns and I gave you another purpose. I didn't say they aren't weapons for that reason. I wasn't speaking in terms of all or nothing, you are.

I want to try something. Tell me what this says to you:
    Purple monkey dishwasher

I'm assuming it will be something about French art.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Public safety IS a legal matter. If it wasn't, driving 200mph would be legal. How do you not understand this?

SCF Rewards
    Country

*smacks forehead* Show me where I said that. You said there is no other purpose for guns and I gave you another purpose. I didn't say they aren't weapons for that reason. I wasn't speaking in terms of all or nothing, you are.

I want to try something. Tell me what this says to you:
    Purple monkey dishwasher

I'm assuming it will be something about French art

Simpsons episode....so is it art!?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Public safety IS a legal matter. If it wasn't, driving 200mph would be legal. How do you not understand this?

Yeah, I don't get how owning a nuke is a social issue...

But Duane, I understand the final point you were making.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Simpsons episode....so is it art!?

I don't know. I say people collect guns and I that means I think guns aren't weapons, so who knows how his brain interprets purple monkey dishwasher.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast