Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Father kills man who killed his kids

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

As a father, I can say I totally understand why he did what he did. I probably wouldn't do the same, though I can't say for sure (actually, I won't have a gun on me, so I guess I can). That said, if I was tried and convicted for killing someone who killed my kids, I would go to jail with a smile on my face. Heck, I would probably plead no contest. At the same time, and unless new evidence about the now deceased driver come to light, I feel for him and his family too. A young man who thinks he's invincible and "it can't happen to me" had it happen to him (yes, I do realize he made the choices, it's a turn of phrase). While I do believe he's old enough to face whatever punishment lay in store for him, I do believe he had the right to live, face that punishment, pay his debt to society and live his life knowing he unnecessarily killed two young children. I would assume that wouldn't exactly be a point of pride for him, thought it is an assumption, some people who aren't clinically psychotic are, in fact, flippin' psycho.

If it was someone who killed my kids knowing what they were doing, I would kill them with a smile on my face and go do my time. This guy didn't know what he was doing, ie: he didn't deliberately kill my children. He made bad personal choices that had the worst possible effect on me and my family. Does he deserve to die for that? I don't think I think so. In the moment I might, but with a clear head, no, I don't think so. I think he deserves the right to make up his debt to society. He could never repay the debt to me, but it is my issue to forgive him or not.

It's a really tough situation to think about and, sorry to say and I don't want to turn this into a gun debate again because I like the parent's morals side of this as a discussion point, something that should be looked at in the gun debate. The simple fact is if there was no gun present, there would only be two lives lost, not three, and we live in a society where people are constantly given their second chance after similar crimes, but he never had the chance to have that enacted or denied. He was simply shot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am sure if someone messes with my kids in any way I am going to jail for murder.Pretty clear cut

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

When I read the headline my initial reaction was, "pretty selfish move if you have other kids and a wife. After reading the circumstances surrounding the incident I cannot fault the father. If I am the DA, I offer a plea deal that basically exonerates him. If I am on the jury, I work my hardest to get him an acquittal. With all that said, what he did was wrong but I firmly believe a temporary insanity defense is legitimate.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Boy this is very tough.

Initially, I thought the killer had INTENTIONALLY killed his sons....that's not the case.

Regardless, the drunk driver is 100% at fault.

But I also don't think...hmm....I don't know, this is so tough...the drunk driver is only 20, and should've had his day in court.

But I can sympathize with the father....and it might have been a moment of temporary insanity.

I don't know, I really don't.....what a tragic tale, so many lives ruined.

Why can't people learn not to drive drunk?